Heli-modified or genmar?

Just ordered the Heli's. Will be about 3 weeks before I get them, can post once installed......
tounge.gif

I looked at heli and gen-mar and settled for the heli-bars. Heli-bars raise the bars as well as swings them back about and inch. which reduces the lean or distance you have to reach forward. Gen-mar riser only lift the height of the bars, while helpful i prefer the the rise and swing back so i went with the heli-bars. I heard of some people going with both.

I bought the heli-bars from WWW.cyclemall.net and paid $125.00... the gen-mar were $165.00. If you do a search on either one you will get a list of people who sell them so you can compare prices.

Oh and now those 300-500 miles days are done with no strain...and I'm loving it.

I have the 1 1/4" Genmar plate. Very easy to install...four bolts out, add the plate, four bolts in. The fork angle does bring the bars back a bit too. Only complaint is the brake resevoir hits the double bubble now. Good product. They make a 3/4" plate also.

I installed them both. You can install the Heli-bar and the 3/4" Genmar plate and still clear the windshield and fairing. It feels more like an R6 (much shorter) Just rotate the Heli-bar back by grinding a "notch" in the bar where the pinch bolt goes through. New 1/8" locator holes for the switch clusters should be drilled to obtain proper alignment of switches and leavers. No more neck and wrist pain! (Most magazines advertise both).
KRollDiver@aol.com

Just installed the Heli-bars. They are better than the stock set up for me. Kinda a pain to install - about 2 hours for me!
aktion035.gif

Back