GenMar vs. Heli

Scooter

Registered
I'm thinking about getting either the GenMar spacer or the Heli bars. Any first-hand experience would be helpful.

I want to know about the ease of installation (and any additional mods needed). Also, I would like to know the best place to purchase (price?).

genmars rule..... both may or maynot require you to reroute your fast idle cable and extend your front brake lines.

I like the Heli-bars hands down. The Genmar I had on my old busa looked ugly big gray block and it made the brake resivour scratch the wind screen, the helibars cant even be noticed until pointed out.

... my 2 cents.

I like the Heli-bars hands down. The Genmar I had on my old busa looked ugly big gray block and it made the brake resivour scratch the wind screen, the helibars cant even be noticed until pointed out.

... my 2 cents.
+1

Fast idle cable does need to be rerouted however.

Genmar

new_busa_007.jpg

My dealership doesn't sell either. Where should I go to buy? (I'm leaning heavily toward the Heli-bars at this point)

I'm missing something here , why change the bars . Whats wrong with the ones I have ?

Reaper kit? It looks good. Tell me more. Can you get different heights? Any add'l mods? Price?

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the Heli-bars don't just raise the grips, they also widen the grips a little. Is this true? Do they also change the angle?

With the GenMars you can lower the front end. With the Helibars you cannot. I like the GenMars. Did not have to reroute or re-adjust anything with the GenMars.
Mad`

<!--EDIT|Mad`
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119579536 -->

Hey Scooter. The reaper risers can be bought in different heights, yes. I have the 1", but I think he makes 1/2", 3/4", 1", and 1 1/4".

As you can see by the reaper risers, they allow the fork tubes to slide up to the top plate, or anywhere in between.

As I mentioned, I have the 1"...my 3/4" lowering links for the rear will be here this week yet, and I am dropping the rear 3/4" and the front the full 1".
tounge.gif

If you want to see everything when I am done, let me know and we can meet up. Should anyways, since we are not too far apart.
biggrin.gif

HeliBars do change more than just height - their angle is flatter, they are a hair more rearward and a little wider along with being higher.

I have HeliBars AND a Genmar 3/4" riser. The only problem I had was with clearance between my brake and clutch reservoirs and the ZG Double Bubble windscreen I was using at the time. I since switched to a ZG Sport Touring screen and the reservoirs j-u-s-t touch the screen - not enough to do anything about.

Ed

Well, that settles it. I'm going with the Heli's. I don't want the bike lowered and I would like the bars wider and flatter.

Does anyone stock the bars, or do I need to order directly from Heli?

Hey Jynx, where are you located? I'm in Union Grove.

Reaper and Genmar both uglier than sin... Just ewww....

BUT

With Helibars you do not gain any front end lowering ability and that might be handy... But they are nearly invisible, and the fit and finish is awesome.

But then again, you can take your tripple tree cover to a local machine shop and for about $50 have it opened up to allow your forks to pass through. Then with helibars you get a set up that is almost invisible.

Well, that settles it.  I'm going with the Heli's.   I don't want the bike lowered and I would like the bars wider and flatter.

Does anyone stock the bars, or do I need to order directly from Heli?

Hey Jynx, where are you located?  I'm in Union Grove.
Lake Mills. Bout 20 miles east of Madison.

Back