Risers: Heli Bars vs. Genmar

I've visited this thread many times and after nearly 70,000 miles in twelve years I've decided to try the helibars. I wear a 37" sleeve so the riding position has always suited me just fine except for riding slowly, downhill. My neck suffers from me trying to not only look at the trees along the way on these mountain roads, but also the tops of the trees.:confused: I figure that raising the grips and pulling them towards me a bit might help out. I've already lowered the pegs to give my knee a break in the winter. What I'd really like to know before installation, and after reading the info on their site, is it true that stock length lines and electrical connections can be used? Just some rerouting, tilting of the reservoir? Will the levers be at the same angle? Looks like the going price is $159. Should take about an hour? I also have braided SS lines and a Throttlemeister. No problem there either I assume?

I didn’t have to do anything for the wires or anything else just. The switch assemblies have a little plastic tab that sticks in the handle bar be careful to not break them off. I broke one off on mine. I have reach I felt like I didn’t notice the difference.

CBXRider

I put a set of Helibars on mine. Stock length cables will work fine. The Helibars will only install properly one way. As mentioned above there are tabs that go into pre drilled recesses in the Helibars. I've seen guys claim they've installed them in 15 minutes. It took me about 30 minutes to install mine and I was in no hurry. From a comfort standpoint they are money well spent for me.

I don't have a Throttlemeister so I can't speak for that. But I can't imagine there would be any issues.

I was in the nearest big town yesterday for an appt. so I dropped by a multi bike dealership just to see if they would/could do the swap and what they would charge, as I also need a lo beam replaced (2nd one in twelve years) and when I said HeliBars, the service 'tech'? asked what they were. No foolin! He had never heard of them. When I explained he said oh, risers. I further explained that they were not riser blocks but actual 'handlebars' and essentially told him how they work and how they were installed. He eventually told me that (if) they went on as I said they did, he was sure they could do it for an hour's labor or less. Mind you, this was a huge multi brand dealer, Suzuki included, and the guy who was at the service counter had never heard about HeliBars. WTH?:mad:

Back