Heli Bars and GenMar risers

frankw

Registered
Little help please -

Just got a 2007 but need to modify. Can I put both the Heli Bars and the GenMar risers on the bike. If so can I go with the 1 1/4 risers or should I go with the .75?

Thanks

yes you can, it would tighten the cables, which you could replace, i did, got a idle cable one foot longer and instaled it. no problems.

I've got 1 1/4 genmars.. I had to reroute the idle cable, but the rest are OK.

Heli-bars and a 3/4" riser here, when I first mounted it the cables were snug even with re-routing the fast idle cable. I did it so I could lower the front a little for better front end feedback in the corners and now that I have lowered it the 3/4" there is plenty of cable room. Looks good too.
thumb_up.gif

cable is one thing, also you may find you need to roll the mc and clutch levers a bit. Mine crash into the Puig DB windscreen and I had to trim the bottom off the sides.. (full left steer actually hit the kill button and turned off the bike)

cable is one thing, also you may find you need to roll the mc and clutch levers a bit. Mine crash into the Puig DB windscreen and I had to trim the bottom off the sides.. (full left steer actually hit the kill button and turned off the bike)
That is funny, it kept kicking my light to the high beam mode until I did a little tweaking.

helibars and 3/4 reaper risers here and only had to reroute the fast idle cable like said above. My brake fluid res. hits my windscreen a little bit as well but its just the corner of it.

Back