Hehehe... I got 'er!

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry I didn't post up sooner but me and my bud rode all day after I picked 'er up. Got 160 miles in today. Then I had this blind date thing (we won't get into that...
mad.gif
). After I escaped from that I came home and done my second mod. A Scotts steering damper. It came in this AM but I couldn't stop ridin' long enough to install it. Barely made the date.
wink.gif

All I can say is DAAAAAYYYYYUUUUUUMMM!!! The 10R is all I hoped for... and MORE. After 150 miles of ridin' the tightest twisty stuff I could find in our county the only complaint I have is sore thighs and calves from throwin' 'er around all day and stayin' on the pegs.
super.gif

The ride is nowhere near as smooth as a busa, but it is every bit as comfortable for me. Actually I think I'm a bit better shape after today than I used to be after ridin' the busa all day. My neck and shoulders ain't sore like usual and my back isn't fatigued like usual. I could have kept on ridin' if not for the friggin' date thing. My biggest worry was that it wouldn't be comfortable on longer rides. That worry has been laid to rest.
wink.gif

As for handling, the 10 is soooooooo friggin' nimble and agile. It feels every bit as flickable and maneuverable as my bud's 600. It seems like you just THINK the thing into corners. I found myself havin' to ease up on the turn-in so as not to clip apexes SEVERAL times today on some of my favorite roads. If I started the corner where I would with the busa I was headed for the other lane or the ditch before I was in the corner good. The 10 likes to charge in deep and just fall into the corners. It's almost effortless. I found myself takin' corners at 75-80 MPH that I took at around 50-55 on the busa and the 10 was wantin' MORE. It was like she kept sayin', "When are we gonna get to the good stuff." and I was in what I considered good stuff on the busa.

As for power, I ain't missin' nothin' above around 5k RPM. Down low she don't have the torque but past 5k the horsepower rolls on hard. I haven't felt it all yet because I was afraid to get the front end too light without a damper but I got a good enough taste to know that I have no worries of hittin' the throttle stop before I get my fix.
biggrin.gif

I gotta say that it was worth the extra $150 to get the dealer to drive out of state and transport a black one in for me. She is just sinister lookin'.
devil.gif
Oh, I said the damper was the second mod. The first one was removal of the rear reflectors. The front ones will come off as soon as I find replacement bolts. The reflector base is the top fender bolt on the 10...
mad.gif

Oh, and no need for a windscreen either. I had planned to get one because I figured it'd need it. Nope. The wind hits me perfectly. I'm afraid to change a thing with that. I think I'll spend the windscreen money on a set of clear flush mount fron signals so I can lose those big ugly stalk mofo's...

Anyway, you knew pics were comin'... Here they are!
super.gif

Here's where I found 'er when I got to the dealer. They hadn't had time to wash 'er or test ride 'er yet.

35137950.jpg

Here she is gettin' ready for her first bath...

35137957.jpg

I couldn't wait. I had to sit on 'er before she got wet...

35137961.jpg

The dealership dudes washin' 'er. I told them that this was like two strange guys rubbin' on my wife. They got a good laugh out of that...

35137966.jpg

LED taillight/brake lights work. Time for a test ride...

35137974.jpg

My new avatar shot...

35137980.jpg

Ahhhh... black. Gotta love it.

35137982.jpg

Yeah... ya just gotta. Remember, this is pre-BT detail photos...

35137984.jpg

You can see the metal flake in this shot. Sweet!

35137985.jpg

Just another shot...

35138038.jpg

Continued...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097981015 -->

wink.gif

mad.gif

super.gif

Congrats on the new 10 BT,  
beerchug.gif

I'm glad that your happy with her,

Does look good
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097980690 -->

Yeah, I still have strips but it's not because I didn't put 'er through the paces. She simply doesn't require as much lean angle as Train did... I gotta find tighter corners and hit 'em harder!
devil.gif

35138040.jpg

The Scotts damper installed... Looks pretty good with all the other gold accents on the fork tubes.
wink.gif

35138042.jpg

Ok, ya'll know I took more pics than this. I just hate the damned 10 pic per post limit. I ain't got time to keep typin', cuttin, and pastin' to get 'em all on here. If you want to see all the pics, good, bad, and ugly... CLICK HERE

Congrats! Glad your happy with your new ride shes looking very sexy.
Oh lets see who's the first one to take your old avatar.
biggrin.gif

Well, I guess if 160 miles is your idea of a long ride, then the ZX10 really will provide all day comfort.
laugh.gif

Enjoy it man. Just don't let it get you in trouble...

Nice BT. Makes me wana get one.... Wait I gotta stay away from liter bikes....Congrats Bro.

Well, I guess if 160 miles is your idea of a long ride, then the ZX10 really will provide all day comfort.
laugh.gif

Not all of us are iron butts... I don't remember ever puttin' much more than about 150 miles on the busa in a day.
rock.gif

laugh.gif

Not all of us are iron butts... I don't remember ever puttin' much more than about 150 miles on the busa in a day.
rock.gif
Cool enough bro. Seriously have fun on that damn Kwacker, take it slow... he he...
Ahhh, I get it now. Yer just hatin' on me 'cause I made the move.
laugh.gif
I can take it.
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

No man, you got me wrong Bro, I'm just a little concerned about you on a liter bike... FWIW.

I mean the Busa was big and powerful but crazy stable... The 10 is powerful and just tiny and light... I think it's a bike that will really punish mistakes... My .02...

Oh and yeah you did just cross over ya know... Gotta give ya some shid ....

Very nice I love the black its so stealthy looking.
cool.gif
. I agree with Rev the new liter bikes will make you pay for mistakes that you make more than the busa so be carefull on that thing.
smile.gif

That is one gorgeous machine. Kudos to you!

Nice move on the SCOTTS too, 'train. It looks great on that Ninja and it'll serve a very important function (keeping the dreaded shopping cart effect at bay). I liked the SCOTTS I had on my 954. You DAMN sure need one on your new bike, what with 25 more hp to deal with than I had in my Honda.

Hey, you're a big fella. Are you feeling cramped on the new machine in comparison to the Hayabusa?

Back