Got 'er one step closer

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Some of you may know from past threads that my girl won't ride. Since the first time I brought it up she has just flat refused to even try it. She's pretty adamant about her stance on the issue so I don't push it. However, last night I at least talked her into jumpin' on for a photo. It was kind of funny, though. Even with da 'train perched on the Pit Bull and the busa key not even in the garage you'da thought she was climbin' atop a 1200 pound bull for an 8 second ride at a rodeo. This girl is obviously scared to death of bikes!

Anyway, I only took one shot becuase I had to open the garage door to get far enough away to make the shot and it was cold as shiot. I didn't want to torture her since she was willing to climb on. She was really makin' a stretch for me since she both hates havin' her picture made AND she's scared to death of the busa.
wink.gif
The harsh flash lighting sucks but I took what I could get in the dark garage.

She has agreed to climb on again in daylight to let me take more shots in better lighting. That's why I'm calling it one step closer. Maybe if she climbs on enough times for photos she will realize that the busa is not a monster. Well, I guess it kinda is, but maybe she will realize that the busa is actually a lot like me. It's a big, bad mutha fugger but it does have manners, at least around the ladies. Hehehehehehehehe...
laugh.gif
Let's hope this IS a step in the right direction.

Here's what I got. Again, the lighting and background sucks, but it was the best I could grab in the few seconds I had to shoot.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070817205 -->

kellionbusa.jpg

wink.gif

Let me be the first to congratulate you on finally getting her, not just near, but actually on, the busa.
beerchug.gif

Good Job!

Don't push her too hard. You don't want to scare that girl away. She looks like a keeper.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070817222 -->

Thanks for the congrats, Jim.
beerchug.gif
And no, I'm not pushin'. We have an agreement that I don't push her to ride and she doesn't say anything about me riding. I wouldn't have pushed her into doing the photo if she just flat refused. It wasn't a refusal, though. It was more of a no, unless you beg kinda thing. That ain't how she put it, but that was the way I took it. While I'd never just push her into something she didn't want to do, Hell, I ain't above beggin' 'er into it!
wink.gif

Duck Tape and a little wrestling will get her on the back nice and securely...  Just put a helmet on her and you prolly wont even have to hear much screaming!

OH, and be careful how you bag on Harsh Flash lighting....I live by it!

Nice pic man, sorry it's cold out... I'll try and put in a couple extra miles for you today.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070823045 -->

Duck Tape and a little wrestling will get her on the back nice and securely...  Just put a helmet on her and you prolly wont even have to hear much screaming!

OH, and be careful how you bag on Harsh Flash lighting....I live by it!

Nice pic man, sorry it's cold out... I'll try and put in a couple extra miles for you today.
ices_rofl.gif

Yeah, the cold sucks. Thanks for the extra miles on my behalf, man. Hey, how about a little wheelie, too?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

my girl just climbed on the busa a week or so ago...this was her first ride on a motorcycle period...I was very very careful not to go to fast and scare her....I took her for a 20min ride or so and we were heading back to my place and I asked when at a stoplight if she wanted more or to go home and all that came outta her mouth was FASTER, FASTER, FASTER
laugh.gif

I was completely blown away...so we took a moderately higher speed run down the interstate while passing some cars and she was just completely into it!!! I can't wait for next spring till its nice again to give a few more higher speed runs...:D

Yeah, fst, that's right... RUB IT IN!
mad.gif

Just kiddin', dude. I'm glad your girl took to it like that.
wink.gif

My old lady won't sit on the back of anything...She rides an Aprilia Tuono and occasionally takes Suzi away from me and smokes my butt. I think she likes my busa more that her Tuono. I will post some pics too if I ever get a digital camera and figure out how to put it on the site. (All my money is blinging up my Suzi girl).

Keep working at it 'Train. She definitely looks like she is worth the effort. Also remember those of us that don't even have someone that we want to share the 'Busa with. For us, 1 up is more than just a way of life!!
biggrin.gif

BT: I hope she washed her hands and the soles of her shoes! We all know how particular you are with your bike!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Good going man... it's a funny thing, my daughters are always begging to go riding with me - they love the bike.
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Awesome BT!!! Now you gotta set her up on the BACK SEAT so she can see how comfy it really is. And remind her it goes SLOW just as well as it goes fast. I BELIEVE you will get her on there!! Rooting for ya, pal!!!

fstbusa, there's GOTTA BE a really good joke buried in your reply but I'm just gonna walk away hahahahaha
smile.gif

Awesome BT!!!  Now you gotta set her up on the BACK SEAT so she can see how comfy it really is.  And remind her it goes SLOW just as well as it goes fast.  I BELIEVE you will get her on there!!  Rooting for ya, pal!!!

fstbusa, there's GOTTA BE a really good joke buried in your reply but I'm just gonna walk away    hahahahaha  
smile.gif
rock.gif
beerchug.gif
super.gif
laugh.gif

ssssssshhhhh

My wife gets grumpy because I do not put her on the back enough, she loves the acceleration and the speed...I don't like having the responsibility. I still just get all iced up when she's back there. But yeah she likes to go fast...

Give it time Bullet, or Not actually, the time you get to ride alone means getting home is all the sweeter...or sweater for you all up north...

Great to see that she was willing to at least sit on the Busa!
It's one small step...and she seems happy about it...
smile.gif

Years from now, we'll be hearing about BT's gal demanding her own Busa! Okay, perhaps not...but, one never knows, do they?!
tounge.gif

Ya know, maybe she'll be more open to ride if if you tell her the hump comes off and there is a rear seat that goes back there!
laugh.gif

good going BT....I let my wife take mine around the block last week, 1st gear only.....don't know which one I was more worried about!!! (is that bad?) Figured she couldn't hurt herself to bad at 20-30 mph, but we all know how expensive a drop can be to our beloved 'birds plastics! Now she wants her own, so the process begins. I had a deposit on a custom, but her bike may have to come first. Any sv650 owners out there with "first bike" input?
Thanks,
T
smile.gif

man first gear is almost the worst...if she snaps the throttle to much she could end up on her back.
rock.gif

Back