Heavily Modified Sport Touring Busa

C'mon man, I do 600 mile days all the time on this POS:lol:

NICE!

I am just starting to get into taking longer rides/trips on my turbo.....good to see others out there are also taking the risk....LOL:beerchug:

Just got my first tank bag after 12 yrs of riding....I think I'm ready for cross country...:laugh:

Thanks for the nice comments. I really like the set up on El Gato's Busa. Haven't seen another Busa around here with a "tour" setup but I think they work out well. The last mod was 220 mph faceplates, the rpm gauge has a small giveaway, as it says Hahn Turbo on it and the other gauge pic shows the mounted in panel location of the analog boost gauge. The other three pics are through the front screen kit ( on the throttle side) and the marked area is the turbo itself, just a bit hard to see, which is the idea. Anyone going to Busa Stampede in Reno? If so, see you there!!

Gauges1.jpg

Gauges2.jpg

Turbo Screen 1.jpg

Turbo Screen 2.jpg

Turbo Screen 3.jpg

Last edited:
Such a great setup DR1300R. I plan on getting the bagster tank protector and bag in the future.. Which bag is that from Bagster? I saw the Tweety on there site but your looks better.. Great looking Tourer .. :thumbsup:

Such a great setup DR1300R. I plan on getting the bagster tank protector and bag in the future.. Which bag is that from Bagster? I saw the Tweety on there site but your looks better.. Great looking Tourer .. :thumbsup:

City bag maybe? I'm really not sure as it's about three years old.. :laugh:
Works great though that's for sure..

Thanks for the compliments, It has taken me quite awhile to get her set up to suit my riding style..

City bag maybe? I'm really not sure as it's about three years old.. :laugh:
Works great though that's for sure..

Thanks for the compliments, It has taken me quite awhile to get her set up to suit my riding style..

Thanks, i'll take a look later on the website.. Looks like it contours to the tank perfectly for a perfect fit and doesn't get in the way.. Bike looks awesome.. :thumbsup:

Thanks, i'll take a look later on the website.. Looks like it contours to the tank perfectly for a perfect fit and doesn't get in the way.. Bike looks awesome.. :thumbsup:

Yep that's what i liked about it.. :thumbsup:

THAT is a really nice Busa. I had an '08 but wasn't riding it, so I sold it. Still have my '04 (dragbike--see avatar). If I didn't hate touring in that slumped position, I'd probably do that. VERY nice! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
DR1300R Yes indeed I missed that thread! That is a FANTASTIC set up. More work to do now, looking at the mod list...some great ideas in that list.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I've been working on personalizing my Busa ever since I bought it in '08. I'm at a point where I'm pretty happy with everything, and now all I want to do is ride it. Unfortunately, due to a severe spine injury I suffered while in U.S. Government Service overseas (not in the Military service), my spine can no longer take the use / abuse It should be able to, and I can no longer enjoy rides that go much past an hour, and after much soul searching, I have decided that I have no sensible choice but to start looking at selling it. I will put a proper ad in the "Classifieds" section here, but here is a list of (more or less) what I have in addition to all the bits and bobs.

Here is (more or less) a complete list of my mods and accessories that are currently on my ride (as of the date of this post):

'08 Busa / Two Brothers full 4 into 1 exhaust / Scorpio SR-i900 / Corbin saddles / HiD lights / Muzzy fans / Powerlets / SpeedoHealer / custom TRE / PCIII USB and Autotune unit / Givi luggage / custom 800 watt stator / airbox mod / WWB ceramic bearings / Tiger chain guard / Convertibars / mirror extensions / Garmin Zumo GPS with bluetooth and MP3 / Adaptiv radar detector / Laminar Lip windscreen / billet kickstand / Vortex sprocket 41 tooth / APE shift shaft / Pingel electric quickshifter / Factory Pro billet velocity stacks / custom cams / custom gas tank paint / oil baffle / oil pump / high volume oil gear / frame sliders / braided lines / Autocomm communications / Pazzo levers / Tiger Racing cannards / Throttlemeister /

When I get everything together, I will put this in the classifieds with more details and pricing, but I have been riding for 25 years, never put the Busa down, and there are less than 3k miles on the bike!

Cheers,

Loki

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

The wife and I sport touring......

Race Tech suspension mods, Schnitz Racing 1" rise dog bones, BT016 front and rear, EBC HH pads, steel braided brake and clutch lines, Ivan's TRE, pair valve removed, K&N air filter, HMF Exhaust, custom map by Gary at Apex Mototech in Chico, Ca, fitted Corbin seats (rear seat has non-slip material).

We love this bike. Next mod will be a new Penske rear shock.

P1020666.jpg

P1020648.jpg

Back