I am finally done modding my ride (for the moment)- Here she is!

Oops. I forgot to update my profile- I'm in the L.A. area now. We move so often its hard to keep everything current.

Answering a couple of questions...

As far as the switches on the right side- they are from PMR:

PMR Components

Why did I get the Givi V35 over the other types of luggage... honestly, I don't remember why I ended up getting that particular Givi model- it's been two years since I got them. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Since we just got transferred to L.A., can anyone recommend a good tuner / performance shop / mechanic in the area that I can get with?

After taking my ride to a professional for the last couple of years (Dave Lanigan in Seattle: http://www.speeddealermotors.com/ ) I was underwhelmed by the local dealership's work.

Thanks!

Just noticed your headlight is that a cover? why is it spaced away from the headlight?

192915d1277609203-i-am-finally-done-modding-my-ride-moment-here-she-picture-004.jpg

Yea, it's a clear plastic protective cover. It's spaced a little bit away from the lens b/c it is fastened to the bike via velcro. It stays put, is easy to clean, and I'm not worried about anything busting my headlight. It was worth the money for the peace of mind.

Gotta find me a pair of those foam grip thingies.!!

Grip puppies.. here's where I got mine from..

Grip Puppies - Motorcycle Parts and Accessories for the Sport Touring Enthusiast at Motorcycle Accessories from California Sport Touring, Inc.

Set up is pretty nice, not that I would know anything about setting up a Busa for Hyper Touring.. :thumbsup:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...32385-introducing-low-budget-bagger-pics.html

Converti bars are on my mod list for the winter as well as cleaning up the dash, maybe Autocom and Zumo in the future .. :whistle:

btw; GSXTacy no relation that I am aware of.. :laugh:

DR1300R-

Very nice setup! It seems like we had similar projects in mind. I have the same Centech fuse box under my passenger seat as well. Thanks for naming the foam grip covers- I forgot the brand, but you nailed it- Grip Puppies!

Very nice touring Busa you have there. Bet she feels great as you melt some asphalt away and watch the miles dissapear in your mirrors :thumbsup:

Well, I have been reading the really, really long thread about the Gen II ECU flashing, and I am very intrigued! :bowdown:

I got my builder / tuner from Washington to recommend and introduce me to a good builder / tuner here in the L.A. area, and he has hooked me up with a four-time AMA tuner of the year! :thumbsup:

I'm hoping that the tuner is willing to work with ECU flashing- I'd love to be able to get rid of some of the components, and be able to adjust the upper injectors. I'm really curious to see what kind of Dyno numbers I can produce with the minor motor / trans / exhaust mods I have.

I'll keep you posted on what happens to my Busa, but don't hold your breath- I'm kinda broke until sometime around mid-July. ???

Cheers,

Mark

Back