Sport TOURING the Busa

Awesome stuff.... I did a cross country on my ST1100.  700+ miles a day.  Stopped every 60-100 miles to pee, drink, snack, gas up(did not need to w/ a 300 mile range on tank, just did), clean visor, wipe off windscreen...

I do not have a picture of it in "travel mode" but it did look an aweful lot like the above bike.  I even had my sleeping bag, in case I decided to sleep under the stars.

Went from SF to South of Tampa Forida.  I-5 to I-40 to Ammarillo, state road to Dallas, I-20 into LA, I-60(?) to Baton Rouge, I-10 to NOLA for a break, I-10 to I-75 south to final...

Came back a more fun way.  Zip-zagged thru TX to Roswell, NM. Zig-zagged (did 140 on the ST thru part of this) towards I-25. Stopped in Sorroco and saw the sign for the VLA and as a "techno-geek" needed to see it. (Got pictures of it somewhere)... From there I ended up in AZ for the night. The next day went North towards I-40, went thru the GC, got rained off the platuae(sp?) and headed west... Stupidly I did not stop until I got back to my house. You, went from Southern AZ to the SF bay in Cali in one run. Lot's of stops, just no sleep.

firedevil.gif
(This map has a cool run fromRoswell via Lincoln and Carrizozo to I-25)
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

glad I bought a busa. would NEVER have considered doign this on a 1K or R1 I was considering.

WWJD, thank you for your advice... 2 computers of friends got viruses 2 days ago. Just needed to turn on firewall protection. Updating now!!!
Have a nice trip!;)

yor welcome. forgot to mention, I use ZONE ALARM free firewall at home also. if you get the virus, goto trendmicro.com and get whatever FIXIT tool they offer.
friggin computers! can't keepem clean can't live without'em

WWJD - That's going to be a long ride and the postings above should be helpful. I live in Phoenix and give guided tours in northern Arizona. An alternative way to get from Flagstaff to Phoenix that won't take you too much out of the way but will cost you a couple or hours is to take HWY 89A south out of Flagstaff to Sedona (one of the prettiest places in the country). From there you have the choice of taking the relatively direct out back out to I-17 via HWY 179 (not bad) or continue on 89 south to Jerome, over Mingus Mountain into Prescott Valley and Prescott, through a pine forest 6100' elevation, and then down to the desert floor through miles and miles of twisties towards Wickenburg (breathtaking), then hop over to Phoenix. Give me a holler when you're in the area: Bob 602-485-4367.
http://www.AstronomiclAdventures.com
cool.gif

Back