Heavily Modified Sport Touring Busa

El Gato

Registered
I put this thread in "General Bike Related Topics" earlier, but I think that it really belongs in this forum as my bike is so heavily modified. Sorry for the double post- I'm still getting to know my way around here.:banghead:

I've been working on personalizing my Busa ever since I bought it in '08. I'm at a point where I'm pretty happy with everything, and now all I want to do is ride it. I just got back from a 2K mile solo trip up thru CA, and other than needing to do the Buell peg mod (I'm 6'2"), the bike was comfortable and a total blast. This is it's photo debut online.

Here is (more or less) a complete list of my mods and accessories that are currently on my ride:

'08 Busa / Two Brothers full 4 into 1 exhaust / Scorpio SR-i900 / Corbin saddles / HiD lights / Muzzy fans / Powerlets / SpeedoHealer / custom TRE / PCIII USB and Autotune unit / Givi luggage / custom 800 watt stator / airbox mod / WWB ceramic bearings / Tiger chain guard / Convertibars / mirror extensions / Garmin Zumo GPS with bluetooth and MP3 / Adaptiv radar detector / Laminar Lip windscreen / billet kickstand / Vortex sprocket 41 tooth / APE shift shaft / Pingel electric quickshifter / Factory Pro billet velocity stacks / custom cams / custom gas tank paint / oil baffle / oil pump / high volume oil gear / frame sliders / braided lines / Autocomm communications / Pazzo levers / Tiger Racing cannards / Throttlemeister / ****!!!!THANK YOU TO "WITCHDOCTOR" DAVE LANIGAN AT SPEEDDEALER MOTORS IN SEATTLE FOR THE BUILD AND TUNE!!!!****

I think suspensions and brake mods are next.

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

please don't tell m you actually ride around with the alarm fob flapping around. you just left it in the pic for added bling?, right:poke:

Heh heh. No, I was just a little too lazy to take my bike key off of the keyring since I was just pushing it out into the sunlight for a few photos. Riding around with it attached for added bling is not a bad idea though.... I could also drag my Battery Tender down the road behind me as well. :moon:

Haven't done much; 1" bar raisers, +1" dog bones, braided lines, EBC pads, zero tour screen, gps mount, fender eliminator and a top box that clicks into the back seat for long trips.

Byron

SBK Race 012.jpg

How do you like your EBC pads? I'm trying to decide between EBC, Vesrah RJL, and Carbone Lorraine.

How do you like your EBC pads? I'm trying to decide between EBC, Vesrah RJL, and Carbone Lorraine.

I'm a retired superbike club racer and I've always liked the aggressive bite of EBC HH pads. If you want to stop NOW! they are great pads as long as you go all the way and install braided lines as well.

B.

After the lower pegs for rider and passenger, I think the next thing for me to do is get the ECU flashed and dyno tuned. I'd like to see where my power is at, and it has been a year since it was dyno'ed. I have a PC and the autotune unit, but I've been reading the forum thread about flashing the ECU, and it looks like there are LOTS of aspects that can be tuned. Also, getting rid of the PC and the TRE would be nice. I also have a kill module that works with my Pingel electric shifter, and I am wondering if the BoostBySmith kill module would be able to substitute.

I put this thread in "General Bike Related Topics" earlier, but I think that it really belongs in this forum as my bike is so heavily modified. Sorry for the double post- I'm still getting to know my way around here.:banghead:

I've been working on personalizing my Busa ever since I bought it in '08. I'm at a point where I'm pretty happy with everything, and now all I want to do is ride it. I just got back from a 2K mile solo trip up thru CA, and other than needing to do the Buell peg mod (I'm 6'2"), the bike was comfortable and a total blast. This is it's photo debut online.

Here is (more or less) a complete list of my mods and accessories that are currently on my ride:

'08 Busa / Two Brothers full 4 into 1 exhaust / Scorpio SR-i900 / Corbin saddles / HiD lights / Muzzy fans / Powerlets / SpeedoHealer / custom TRE / PCIII USB and Autotune unit / Givi luggage / custom 800 watt stator / airbox mod / WWB ceramic bearings / Tiger chain guard / Convertibars / mirror extensions / Garmin Zumo GPS with bluetooth and MP3 / Adaptiv radar detector / Laminar Lip windscreen / billet kickstand / Vortex sprocket 41 tooth / APE shift shaft / Pingel electric quickshifter / Factory Pro billet velocity stacks / custom cams / custom gas tank paint / oil baffle / oil pump / high volume oil gear / frame sliders / braided lines / Autocomm communications / Pazzo levers / Tiger Racing cannards / Throttlemeister / ****!!!!THANK YOU TO "WITCHDOCTOR" DAVE LANIGAN AT SPEEDDEALER MOTORS IN SEATTLE FOR THE BUILD AND TUNE!!!!****

Sweet set up for sure. I have a question, is those 2 outlets 12 volt plugs? If so, are they the standard lighter plugs because I need to purchase one to hook up my Zumo.
Also where did you tap in, to supply the power. Sorry to rob your thread but the set up you have on the dash is were Im going as well. Thanks

Lookin' good, yo! What an awesome sight!

PM sent to you, bro...

@ Rick-

Yes, those are 12 volt plugs- they are standard Powerlet outlets- not cigarette outlets. I do believe that Powerlet makes an adapter that you can plug cigarette-style plugs into their outlets.

Cheers,

Mark

@ Rick-

Yes, those are 12 volt plugs- they are standard Powerlet outlets- not cigarette outlets. I do believe that Powerlet makes an adapter that you can plug cigarette-style plugs into their outlets.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark, Where did you hook up power from? fuse box or battery

Rick,

All of my accessory electronics and power outlets are on a separate circuit wired directly to the battery- and all run thru a stand-alone fuse box.

Regards,

Mark

Rick,

All of my accessory electronics and power outlets are on a separate circuit wired directly to the battery- and all run thru a stand-alone fuse box.

Regards,

Mark

Ok, That sounds like a great set up. I need to do the same looks like. Thanks for the info

what have you done to the top yoke?
Have you removed the heavy counteryoke?
Increased vibrations?
I've changed the yokes and now I feel more vibrations over the fairings...

Back