I am finally done modding my ride (for the moment)- Here she is!

El Gato

Registered
I've been working on personalizing my Busa ever since I bought it in '08. I'm at a point where I'm pretty happy with everything, and now all I want to do is ride it. I just got back from a 2K mile solo trip up thru CA, and other than needing to do the Buell peg mod (I'm 6'2"), the bike was comfortable and a total blast. This is it's photo debut online. :cheerleader:

This is (more or less) a complete list of my mods and accessories that are currently on my ride:

'08 Busa / Two Brothers full 4 into 1 exhaust / Scorpio SR-i900 / Corbin saddles / HiD lights / Muzzy fans / Powerlets / SpeedoHealer / custom TRE / PCIII USB and Autotune unit / Givi luggage / custom 800 watt stator / airbox mod / WWB ceramic bearings / Tiger chain guard / Convertibars / mirror extensions / Garmin Zumo GPS with bluetooth and MP3 / Adaptiv radar detector / Laminar Lip windscreen / billet kickstand / Vortex sprocket 41 tooth / APE shift shaft / Pingel electric quickshifter / Factory Pro billet velocity stacks / custom cams / custom gas tank paint / oil baffle / oil pump / high volume oil gear / frame sliders / braided lines / Autocomm communications / Pazzo levers / Tiger Racing cannards / Throttlemeister / ****!!!!THANK YOU TO "WITCHDOCTOR" DAVE LANIGAN AT SPEEDDEALER MOTORS IN SEATTLE FOR THE BUILD AND TUNE!!!!****

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Reactions: c10
Stick a fork in that Busa, its done!!:laugh:

Lookin good bro, something tells me that with a mod list like that, you'll be modding again soon:thumbsup:

Looks great. Where did you get the 800 stator and how is the gps mounted can you post closer pics of the way it mounts to the bike? I need to find a way to mount mine.

Looks great. Where did you get the 800 stator and how is the gps mounted can you post closer pics of the way it mounts to the bike? I need to find a way to mount mine.

Yeah im also interested in where you got the 800 watt stator....

I got the custom 800 watt stator from these guys:

Research & Development
ElectroSport Industries
66 Maxwell
Irvine, CA 92618
Phone: (949) 748-6338
Fax: (949) 748-6339
email: info@electrosport.com
ElectroSport Industries - Motorcycle, Dirt Bike and ATV Aftermarket Electrical Parts

The Garmin GPS mount is from Ram Mounts:

RAM Mounting Systems, Inc. > Products > GPS Mounts

I believe I picked up the mount from Pashnit or Twisted Throttle.

I have to confess that I have been a lurker here for about two years (I joined in 2008 just before I bought my Busa), and up until now I have been content to sit back and read- I have learned a lot about the Hayabusa and all the various mods, etc.- So, after two year of lurking, today is the first time I have posted anything.

I am really happy with how the Busa can be personalized to your individual riding style- I have a spine injury coupled with nerve damage that acts up from time to time, and I have been able to accommodate my physical limitations with the combination of the Pingel Electric Shifter, the Corbin saddle and the Converti-bars. I am particularly impressed with the Converti-bars- well worth the money.

I have been riding for over 22 years, and I have owned and ridden a variety of bikes over the years, both in the U.S., and overseas (two years riding in China, and two months in Australia)- and I have to say that so far, the Hayabusa is my favorite. I wanted a sport-touring bike that has enough power to be able to accelerate like a rocket out of a dangerous situation when loaded down riding two-up with lots of luggage. I also wanted something that I could ride the twisties with and has the performance and abilities of a sportbike. The Busa meets all of my requirements and then some!:thumbsup:

Cheers,

Gato

Last edited:
How about those grips? I had a seat on my Zx11 i bought used a liked em, havent seen a set since. Info please:thumbsup:

The bars are ConvertiBars (super adjustable in all different directions) with a generic foam slip-on grip cover (very common for curisers- I picked up mine from some Harley store) that I installed over the OEM rubber grip. I have Throttlemeisters for endcaps, and a cramp-buster for extra comfort. I also have the Pingel shifter control on the left side of the bars. and switches on the right to toggle between PCIII functions.

Picture 006.jpg

Thanks! I am trying to keep it as "clean" as possible.

I think suspension and brake mods are next up, but first I have to convince the wife that it's a good idea.

Thanks! I am trying to keep it as "clean" as possible.

I think suspension and brake mods are next up, but first I have to convince the wife that it's a good idea.

"Honey, its for my safety, you want me to be safe, dont you?":whistle:

Great lookin bike and mods. :bowdown:
You gotta lot of time and money in your baby.
Gotta find me a pair of those foam grip thingies.!!

Is there any particular reason you went with the Givi V35 bags over any of the other side bags? I was thinking of getting a set of the E360 bags, but am not sure now after seeing the pictures of your set up.

Back