Headlight replacement with pics

i put my hid's in yesterday they are incrdedible and make 5 million percent diffrence over OEM

Remove the two bolts holding the cluster in place, 10mm socket needed.
I used this guide last night when my low beam went out late yesterday afternoon....
thumb_down.gif

Saved me a ton of time .
clap.gif

All your information is correct except they are 8 mm bolt heads not 10 mm on the instrument cluster.
banghead.gif

Omar, you da MAN !!! I originally replaced with stock oem. I'm liking the sound of brighter lighting for $20 / bulb........You da' SH!D !!!!! :super: :super: :super:

Nice post Omslaw. Mine blew in Daytona and I pulled the panel on the bottom of the cowling and went up through that opening. It was a lot harder and you're doing everything blind but when you're a couple hundred miles away from where you're staying it was the easiest thing to do at that time.

I like the pixs. Wardie :laugh:

Excellent instructions Omslaw!! I tried doing it the quick way first by taking off the cowling above the fender but it was too hard to figure when you've never done it before. I then followed your instructions afterwards and everything went smooth! Thanks again. Now that I've done it once, I can probably manage to do it by just taking off the cowling next time.

Hi
As always, thanks for the info and pics ... I went with the Silver Star and am amazed at the extra field of view and brightness! :beerchug:

This is definitely next on my list. I hate riding at night because of the factory beam location and crappy bulbs...

Whered you get the gauge set ?

Something I made. I have a file with the gauge faces on them; I printed it out on some thick card-stock and put them on there.

I've since gotten a new set from Bluegauges.com.

Pic # 6 doesn't seem to be working. I was able to click on all the rest except that one.

I have a 2004 Busa and my high beam is loose in the socket. There is only a plastic ring that fits into the socket with a couple of tabs that doesn't seem to fit the matching connectors on the housing. I don't see any other clip or spring or anything that should hold the ring into place. The bulb goes inside of this ring and then turns a quarter turn to lock into place but it keeps popping the ring odd the housing. Is here suppose to be a clip or spring or something that olds this stuff in place? If so do you know where I can buy one?
I've looked at the photos from and OEM parts seller (see attachment) and I don't see a clip or spring in the picture???

Headlight Assembly.jpg

I realise this is an old thread but just thought I would say another thanks...

And I'm sure you've figured it out by now mr busa but the high beam turns the low does not as it is clipped

Just what I needed!

My low beam went today; now I only have to pay for the bulb and not a mechanic's time.

Much appreciated.

Have you guys seen the new LED replacement bulb? Its almost plug and play. We put one in Maps bike last weekend. Pretty slick, the bulb has a small fan and it also has a power supply that plugs into the bike harness.

I have just removed my bulb without any problems in preparation for the new one tomorrow.

I just wanted to add that if you have a double-bubble screen you won't need to remove the screen for access; I had plenty of room. Thanks again.

Forums like this really make life much easier!

Hey thanks ... old thread but I just used it the second time and offer my thanks ... BTW I had changed my OEM original to the GE Silver Star lo beam ... it lasted 7 years ... OEM hi beam still working on a 2006! I have a shop manual and it basically doesn't cover how to change the bulbs or how to adjust them which is a bit strange ... mind you I didn't pore over the manual very long ... after I found this "old" thread ... cheers! Just to help clarify the original ... you don't have to take off the large side plastics; only the left/right small plastic panels that form the "sides/bottom" of the instrument cluster ... and the bolts on the instrument cluster are 8mm vs the described 10mm. I didn't disconnect the instrument cluster either ... there is a lot of room if you just pull the instrument cluster to the end of the length of the wiring bundle. So thanks!

Back