changing headlight

dewie

Registered
I just bought the dim silverstar bulb for the bike, I lost my manual and the search engine is down on the org. what is the easiest way to change the bulb and do I have to remove the gauges? And does anyone else know the part number for the high beam Sylvania Silverstars?
thanks!

The easy way is to go in from the bottom. Push out the 6 plastic pins on the cover over the front fender and reach up and change it. I however, prefer to take off the windshield by removing the two allen screws, then pull on the windshield and the two rubber expansion nut things will slip out with the windshield. Take off the inner plastics around the gauges and remove the two mounting bolts, 10mm, that hold the gauges in and pull on the gauges while you wiggle the gauges and it will come out of the two rubber grommets holding the gauges. Now you have access to the bulb. The bulb is held in with a spring. To release push in and down . You can now change the bulb and you have access to the height adjustment for the low beam as the light is set low from the factory on most busas. I put a silverstar in the high beam too, but to tell you the truth I think the stock bulb works better in the high beam for some reason.

right on, I'll try that.
beerchug.gif

+2 on Hal's comments - you may want to eventually consider going with HID for your low beam...

Back