Headlight replacement with pics

How do you like it and what is the bulb # ,That what I want to do next for sure. yep you are correct ,it is the easyest way to do and also adjusting the light to.great pics
I love it. I was an immediate improvement. Especially for only $20 and a little time.

You will need an H7 bulb for the low beam.

(one of these days, I'll upgrade to HID....too bad I missed out on the Group Buy).

Did you replace your high beam while you had it apart to? Should I go ahead and replace the high beam while im in there with a silverstar as well and if so what high beam bulb should I get at wallyworld?

Probably not a bad idea while you have it all apart.

High-beam is a 9005.

I wish I would have thought to take the instrument cluster off when installing my HID, I took the nose piece off. O well, great walk through.

looks nice big difference
smile.gif

thanks for the walk ..

I put a silver star in mine a couple months ago and they work great. Well worth the $20.

Omar,
Nice job on the documentation. Very detailed like you have done this a few times before(write docs that is).
bowdown.gif
I have been pondering what to do about the poor headlight alignment on my 04'. Now I am going to buy the low and high beam and fix the alignment on the low beam. Thank's for the post...
Anthony

Just wanted to add a SUPER BIG THANKYOU to OMSLAW...I replaced my headlight bulbs sunday and it was a breeze using oms awsome detailed pictorial...what a difference with the new silverstar.....
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

Thanks guys! Glad I could help ya 'shed some light' on the subject!
cool.gif

Omar,
Nice job on the documentation. Very detailed like you have done this a few times before(write docs that is).
bowdown.gif
I have been pondering what to do about the poor headlight alignment on my 04'. Now I am going to buy the low and high beam and fix the alignment on the low beam. Thank's for the post...
Anthony
LOL. Yeah, I'm in IT... Network Infrastructure, servers, etc.

Writing docs for my team and users...when I'm not busy <---Like *that* ever happens!
tounge.gif

Well that was too easy. Took all of 20 minutes to install the bulb and about another 20 or so to adjust drive, adjust, drive. I think I had it a little high at first. You don't want to have it in the eyes of oncomming drivers (that really tics me off when some snapperhead blinds me on a two lane road). I took some before pics but I still have to do some after ones to show the difference it made but I can tell you that I can see much better now!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Thank's again for the install doc. You da man...
BTW I'm in the IT field myself (I write a lot of docs as well). See you around the org...
Anthony

Great walkthrough-took all of about a half hour. Thank you very much omslaw!

Incidentally, I switched out the High Beam as well with a silverstar-who knew Walmart of all places had these babies!?! They look awesome! I had to buy a 2-pack of the highbeam bulbs. I guess I'll keep it as a spare, unless anyone wants it...

y'all are gonna hate me...
but we replaced GJoker's bulb from these directions, and once we had it replaced and knew how the spring worked, I was able to reach from underneath to change mine.

Took, like a minute.
cool.gif

thanks for the writeup omar. I won't have time to install this bulb before we leave tuesday morning but I will when I get back. I still have to adjustment my entire suspension before I leave.
cool.gif

y'all are gonna hate me...
but we replaced GJoker's bulb from these directions, and once we had it replaced and knew how the spring worked, I was able to reach from underneath to change mine.

Took, like a minute.
cool.gif
Ohhhh, suuuure! But do you know how difficult it is to take pictures from there?
tounge.gif

No, seriously, I originally tried to adjust the headlight from the bottom and I had a heckuva time getting my big ol', fat stubby little fingers to maneuver in there. Once I pulled the cluster out it was MUCH easier for me to work - plus I could easily ride it and adjust the light.

Good info, Brenda! OK, folks, you heard LadyHawk...try it from under the cowl.
wink.gif

Back