Replaceing low-beam bulb

Busa45

Registered
Okay, I desided to replace my low beam bulb with a Sylvania Cool Blue. Seemed pretty simple, owner's manual says disconnect plug...okay, remove rubber boot...okay, disconnect spring clip...say what? How does this come out? I'm standing on my head with a shop mirror trying to see what this looks like, hard to get to this from below. And, I notice the connector terminals don't have the same spacing as the H7 bulb I got. Is this just a holder / socket for the bulb?

So, my questions, how does this spring clip come out and do I have the right bulb?

Need help,
Thanks.

Ok, I'll Try.

First, did you remove the plate under the light assembly? The one that connects the two front fairings to the front nose assembly. Six plastic rivits.

Second, have your manual ready for this as a referance, stand in front of the bike, the spring clip will be on the right side of the bulb assembly. Using your right hand index finger, feel for the low beam assembly, take your hand and feel up the back of the head light assembly, push the raised notch in ( towards you ) and then down. This notch will be on the far right of the spring clip. Refer to manual. The clip should release the bulb and it should come right out.

Stay with the 65watt bulb as a higher wattage could cause problems.

Good Luck,

Stealth

Back