hayabusa question!

09fzr1

Registered
hey guys,
i was wondering how the ergos for a hayabusa where compared to a 2009 R1 or any other super sport face down butt up sitting . i put 10k miles on my R1 and fiqured out i like to do long rides and need something more suitable for longer hauls. i plan to do helirisers and buell peg mods, im also 5'9-5'10. :thumbsup:

You'll find the Busa much more comfortable than an R1, especially if you do the risers and Buell pegs. I'd also recommend a gel seat, but that's not 100% necessary.

Well first of all, :welcome:. Second, I've never riden the R1, but the busa is a great all around bike. You've got the immense power but it's also comfortable. And if you're planning to do the bar risers and buell pegs you'll be set. I've done 10-12 hour days before and been ok on it, and that's on a stock bike. You might want a Tobin or Corbin seat if you're gonna be doin 500 mile days and things like that, but you can set this bike up to do about anything.

thanks for the response guys! me and a friend road down to los angles form washington and we took the freeway on the way down and lets just say it sucked untill the return trip up 101 lol

I had a 99 R1 and have only yesterday taken delivery of a 2007 Busa. I only wish I had bought the Suzuki earlier. The Busa engine is stonking compared to the R1..it feels like Ive been pulled back in a whopping bungy cord and let go..

Like you I am 5' 10" and Im nearly 16 stone. I found that any distance on the R1 would kill my wrists and whilst its early days owning the Busa I can tell straight away its kinder on the arms (apart from trying to hang on !). Im planning a trip to Italy some 900 miles from my home so Im hoping its comfy in the long term ride.

Beast.

I agree with everyone else. I had an 02 R1 and just came off of a 04 CBR1000RR. Busa is definitely more comfy and way more easier on the wrists and back. :thumbsup:

Being on a Hayabusa forum you are probably not going to get anything but great reveiws, Just like if you were on an R1 forum Im sure they will say its the best bike ever.

With that being said

I have never ridden a R1 but just looking at the seating position I would have to say it has to be more comfortable.

I am also 5/9 170 lbs and I can ride my Busa pretty much all day in comfort, I do have a Tobin seat which I feel helps alot.

i rode a gixxer 1k which would be very similar to the R1 for ergo's, and while I loved the bike for being fun, nimble, and always willing to get me in trouble, I wouldn't be able to do more than a tank of fuel in a day and still be able to walk. The Busa is an awesome machine. Buy one, and never look back.

I came off a 900RR that i still ride from time to time, being 6'5" the busa with buell pegs takes it hands down, feels like it is setup just for me where as the 900 was like cramming 20lbs of chit in a 5lbs bag:laugh:

The busa's pretty comfy for a sport bike...about as comfy as you'll find without stepping up to a sport tourer. A very good compromise :thumbsup:

im 5'11" 185 lbs the busa is way more comfortable than my 06 gsxr 1000. since i got the busa 6wks ago i only rode the gixxer about 3-4 times, and i just sold it friday night.

Welcome and as others have said you'll have zero complaints on comfort of the Busa .
I'm 6'4 and find it to be one of a very few I'm comfy on .
Has alot to do with grips being above the triple tree whereas most sport bikes they are below it . Many people look at the Busa and assume it's not comfy but once they sit on one they soon realize how straight up you actually sit compared to others .

Back