Hayabusa Frame Sliders

If you purchased the zero gravity, just put a fold of duct tape on the tabs that insert into the body work. That will cure any rattling.

Oh, ....... The zero gravity provides 3-4 oz. of weight savings. We all know the exponential affects of this weight savings at high speed. Almost as beneficial as a little paint..................almost ;)

I put them on my 2000 Busa. My daughter knocked it over playing kick ball in the garage with friends. I had a sudden emergency stop on the freeway the other day. I had to lay
the bike on its left side. NOT a scratch. Sliders worked great.

That and take it slow as not to generate to much heat and melt the plastic.

The reason to drill from the back is two fold
1. The method I described already marks the back
2. The very reason for starting at the back is so that if the blade skips for any reason YOU DOn"T SEE IT. Once the blade bites the plastic and makes the initial hole it won't skip out and by using the rubber backing pad the hole is clean and perfect on the paints side. If you drill the paint side .......drill at you own risk cause, it aint easy to clean up any gouges or paint damage on the outside...................... ;)

I did a good job on the right side but boogerd the left....
can't really see it but bug's me..see for yourself at Laguna.
Not to easy to do..plus they are not mounted in exactly the same place...left and right..

Hey, busahigg what type of sliders are those? It looks like they're neoprene or nylon with a metallic cap? all the ones that I've seen so far are just the plastic.

Alan

I got frame sliders if anyone wants them any colour, fit straight on to your bike with any mods or cuts or paint jobs, look at these.

meonbike1.JPG

Hmm those looks nice. Those just bolt to the fairing hole? Are they sturdy enough for a tip-over? Let us know, I'm definitely interested!

Mike

In a low side those bolts are not strong enough to take the weight of the bike and will usually snap off.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Good info, especially regarding the "Mushroom" Sliders...snap right off...Need sliders, need to cut holes...

Back