Have you ever considered suicide?

I did not read all these but I will say here and now that if anyone reading this thread is having these feelings, I truly care about you and I am here for you so do not hesitate to get in touch with me, PM me or email me or call anytime. This can be a rough time of year for some people but there is always tomorrow and things always turn around. :thumbsup:

I too used to think that it was a selfish act and the cowards way out.
Then I went to visit a friend of mine one afternoon. Now this guy was the school jock, had money and friends and girls and everything anyone could want. Or soo you would think. I got to his apartment and he did not answer the door. I tried for several minutes to get in. Finally I got the super to open the door only to find him in the fetal position on the bathroom floor crying hysterically. He had been there for two days and was seriously contemplating suicide. I sat with him for a couple of hours before I called his parents. Until you have seen the hurt in that persons eyes and been close enough to feel what they are saying to you, please do not judge. He spent a long time in the mental ward of a hospital.
This guy was my best friend from the time we were little kids playing t-ball until he stood next to me on the altar at my wedding. I have not talked to him in years because he cannot talk to anyone from his past. It brings up too many feelings for him. I still call his parents from time to time to check up on him, and I miss him.
If you know someone who is hurting, PLEASE listen to them, it is very real to them.

I have given it serious thought on several occasions. I sometimes think my family would be better off. Since I have PTSD and anxiety/deppresion issues, I sometimes think that if I weren't in the picture my family could go more places and do more things (because I have a fear of traveling or being out of my comfort zone) we don't do the vacationing thing as much as the family would like. I know they love me and I love them, but I feel as though I am really holding them back from living an eventful and full life. Sometimes I think they feel like they are having to walk on eggshells around me, and to me, that just isn't right. I have plenty of insurance to take care of them financially, and eventually they would get over the major impact of missing me, and they could go on with their lives.
No, I am not considered as suicidal, but the thought does cross my mind on occasion.

Back