Have you ever considered suicide?

I thought along the same lines when I was young because I heard older people (who we assume are wiser) label suicides as crazy people.
I have seen many people and situations that made me have to rethink my intolerance.
for example:
a person terminally ill will financially bankrupt there family decides to take their life.
or a person who has seen their entire family killed and they have no one left, no family no friends.
or an elderly person, no family left alive, no friends alive, left in the street with no food, no shelter, nothing.
some one living in pain with each breath they take, until you have been there, try a little sympathy.
Why are some people so above others they judge.
Most suicides are not "crazy" people. They cannot find a way out, or there is no way out.
I hope none of us here sink to such a bad place. No one is completely immune.
I have experienced physical pain so great only morphine helped. They cut you off and you have to fight through the pain. Some people do not have enough fight in them or the end result of the fight leaves them with no prize for victory and there fore no reason to fight in the first place.
I think it takes a lot of ............ to decide to take your own life. I don't believe in it but I try to understand it. I have seen it first hand, it is very sad and even though I did not know these people, I wondered if there was any way to help them, if only we could turn back the clock.
Agree with Keith... well said :thumbsup:

When you are dead, you're dead for a long time. :poke: You can try allot of options to change your situation without any such finality. Get out in the sun more peeps. I don't want to hear about anyone here taking the easy way out :rulez: I try to not kill myself. That's what we do.

Death has been stalking me all my life! Not giving the reaper 1 extra second of my life. You've got eternity to be dead!

"Cowards way out" and all the other comments are way off base. As others have said, until you have walked in those shoes you have no idea what it feels like to be that low. Just like people who say that they would do this or that if someone stuck a gun in there face or threatened them with a gun. Talk all you want and say what you will, but until you have been in that position you really have no idea what you will or won't do. Combat is the same way.

I have attempted it twice. Once very close to achieving my goal. I have had thoughts other times. I have lost 9 family members and friends to suicide in the last 20 years. I do not hate them for it, I am not mad at them for it. Yes I hurt and wish they would not have done it. I am also glad that I was never able to achieve my goal. It sucks being that low. When you have hit that low or bottom as people say, there is nothing that matters in your life and nothing to lose.
So before you call someone a coward, chicken or selfish. Stop and think about how they feel and what they are going through. Remember if you have not been there DO NOT JUDGE. not everyone is super human. How many people can be put in for the medal of honor 3 times, recieve 8 purple hearts, be wounded like 19 times in 54 months do 5 tours of duty in Vietnam and be the most decorated soldier in history, be on the government payroll for 50+ years and live to see 70? Not many in my book. So again everyone has different breaking points.

Rev, you are a great person with the highest standards. I pray for you my friend during this difficult time. I can only guess how much stress this has put on you this time of year. It is not just this mans family that suffers, but also the people who have to respond to the incident and then like Rev have to notify the family. You are in my prayers. You continue to give of yourself and for that you are a good person.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

I will have to agree... everyone who calls it selfish or a cowards way out...all I have to say is get off your high horse don't cast judgement.
I didn't grow up with a perfect life and I have thought about it when I was young. But I'm wasn't selfish and I wasn't a coward. I just thought living in this world wasn't for me. But I'm happy where I'm at in life. Things always turn around.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow Rev! I am sorry you have to deal with something like this, but at the same time I am glad you could be there for that poor woman.

Some people will never understand the thought process. Don't judge what you don't understand. It makes you less of a human to do so. Walk a mile in someone's shoes and you may have a different perspective.

My sister-in-law committed suicide on Dec 26, 2001 and left my older brother with two young daughters (3 yrs & 1 1/2 yrs). Even to this date, it still hurts when this specific date approaches.

Suicide is an act of a selfish individual, indeed. :banghead:

alot of my reaons for this....honestly stem from lack of someone special in my life. People tell me the usual crap like "stop tryin so hard, it'll happen" and "it'll happen when you least suspect it"........personally I think its all horse**** cuz i've tried every philosophy on the subject there is and nothing works or helps me cope. I'm not co-dependent its just that i'm really mu ch more of my TRUE SELF when I have someone to "love on" & be together with....... UGGH!

God help us downtrodden souls
Posted via Mobile Device

My sister-in-law committed suicide on Dec 26, 2001 and left my older brother with two young daughters (3 yrs & 1 1/2 yrs). Even to this date, it still hurts when this specific date approaches.

Suicide is an act of a selfish individual, indeed. :banghead:

Wow dude. That has to be hard on those children. Prayers for them for sure.

Desperate and selfish in one act that is both deeply personal and private for reasons known only to those that reach that precipice.

There may be a few valid reasons for suicide, but most often it just passes one persons pain on to several others.

My heart and prayers go out to those who are feeling like there is no way out except to end their life. Life is not all bad times (although sometimes it might feel like it) or good times. If you take your life during the bad, you wont be around to share in the good times. Believe me there is always good times ahead!!!

My heart and prayers go out to those who are feeling like there is no way out except to end their life. Life is not all bad times (although sometimes it might feel like it) or good times. If you take your life during the bad, you wont be around to share in the good times. Believe me there is always good times ahead!!!

Agreed!

Back