Has anyone actually seen one of these?

I would like to try riding it at the salt flats. Jay can own it and everything else because he's the only one who can aford insurance for all his toys. I would buy one if I was a millioniar.

Ive been invited to ride one here,I'll be sure to take pics when I do and video.

(nitrousjunkie @ May 31 2007,15:19) Ive been invited to ride one here,I'll be sure to take pics when I do and video.
And I'm sure you're also on some obscure list to scoop up any and all parts related to it...
laugh.gif

Definitely would love to hear your impressions...when does this happen?
smile.gif

I saw and heard an orange one here in Des Moines last year at Bike Night. As I understood the story, it was Leno's old one - sold after he got a newer one.

Neat machine....

(VaBusa @ Jun. 01 2007,02:38)
(nitrousjunkie @ May 31 2007,15:19) Ive been invited to ride one here,I'll be sure to take pics when I do and video.
And I'm sure you're also on some obscure list to scoop up any and all parts related to it...
laugh.gif

Definitely would love to hear your impressions...when does this happen?
smile.gif
Not sure Michelle,he sent word to me he wanted me to take down the track 1 day.I'll keep everyone posted,as far as the parts are concerned...he has a direct line to the the manufacturer....he flew the guy here,put him up while they ironed out a deal on the bike.

i think it's just a theoritical top speed also... nobody got the grapes to take it the salt flats and actually check it last I heard.

Look Mom....No Helmet!!!
biggrin.gif
Sets a real fine example to the 10-14 year olds watching that movie...

Last edited by a moderator:
theoreticaly there is no top speed as turbines build more HP the faster they go the more air they take in. If it's somewhat like a plane. Igeuss

(Tchill2much @ May 31 2007,14:28) theoreticaly there is no top speed as turbines build more HP the faster they go the more air they take in. If it's somewhat like a plane. Igeuss
rock.gif

yeah, cool bike if you are a megamillionaire ... closed tracks would help too
laugh.gif

(Tchill2much @ May 31 2007,17:28) theoreticaly there is no top speed as turbines build more HP the faster they go the more air they take in. If it's somewhat like a plane. I guess.
wrong-o, there would be a top speed as there are limits to how fast a turbine engine can be spun. Simply put, the limiting factor for that is the rotating speed and TGT (Turbine Gas Temps) of the hot section. if overspun the titanium stators in the hot section will actually separate, this would not be good.

(Mr. Anderson @ May 31 2007,14:42)
(Tchill2much @ May 31 2007,17:28) theoreticaly there is no top speed as turbines build more HP the faster they go the more air they take in. If it's somewhat like a plane. I guess.
wrong-o, there would be a top speed as there are limits to how fast a turbine engine can be spun. Simply put, the limiting factor for that is the rotating speed and TGT (Turbine Gas Temps) of the hot section. if overspun the titanium stators in the hot section will actually separate, this would not be good.
Just ask those guys on that DC10 back in the 80's

gunny, same idea, but it was a failure of the N1 section of the engine, basically boiled down to a bad part produced and worse yet, during the phase inspection prior that flight to it was not caught during the dye inspection that it was given to find the crack it had (boils down to attention to detail of the inspectors)

(Mr. Anderson @ May 31 2007,15:36) gunny, same idea, but it was a failure of the N1 section of the engine, basically boiled down to a bad part produced and worse yet, during the phase inspection prior that flight to it was not caught during the dye inspection that it was given to find the crack it had (boils down to attention to detail of the inspectors)
Yes sir but same result .

(Tchill2much @ May 30 2007,22:51) <span style='color:blue'></span> WOW I thought these things were only in the movies. I know Some of you guys have seen it. Had about $150,000 to blow I'd buy one.
That's fugly
SHOCKED.gif

Back