Which Bike should I buy?

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Like the subject says...

<span style='color:blue'>Which bike should I buy?</span>

I am kicking around the idea of picking up another street bike.
The goal is to get something that is low maitenance and lot's of fun.

It does not need to be the most powerful liter bike around (that's what the Turbo Busa is for
wink.gif
).
However, I do not desire to go with less than 1000cc.

The bike will be used for Sunday morning and Saturday night rides.... as well as occassionally putting around town.

New or Used.... not really a big factor.

Bikes in consideration (but open to suggestions):

<span style='color:blue'><ul>RC51
ZX10R
GSXR1K
R1

[/list]</span>
<span style='color:blue'>What has been your experience with these bikes?

Who can provide input on the RC51?
</span>

I do not anticipating going to nuts with mods.... just basic stuff.

Thanks for your input.

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125441800 -->

My last bike was a 03 Honda 954rr and I loved it. It was very lo maintenance. Just changed the oil and clean. It cornered like it was on rails and would pull the front up to show off her belly very easy (if you are into that). I loved that bike and would get one at the drop of a dime if I could afford two. Just my $0.02

Cecil come on over and ride my 2005 ZRX1200R , you will love it ..You can ride it 500 miles aday and still feel like riding ... It's got pleanty of power ...6.40s at sunshine on the motor ...Don't just limit your picks....Lee

Like the subject says...

<span style='color:blue'>Which bike should I buy?</span>

I am kicking around the idea of picking up another street bike.
The goal is to get something that is low maitenance and lot's of fun.

It does not need to be the most powerful liter bike around (that's what the Turbo Busa is for  
wink.gif
 ).
However, I do not desire to go with less than 1000cc.

The bike will be used for Sunday morning and Saturday night rides.... as well as occassionally putting around town.

New or Used.... not really a big factor.

Bikes in consideration (but open to suggestions):

<span style='color:blue'><ul>RC51
ZX10R
GSXR1K
R1

[/list]</span>
<span style='color:blue'>What has been your experience with these bikes?

</span>

Thanks for your input.
Yamaha Warrior..... Or one them KTM dual sporty's.....

You already own the King..... anything else is butter!

Mostly depends on what kinda riding you want to do....... If you wanna get into hardcore twisties......then your orginal bikes will suit the need.

Still have fond memories of my Bandit 12.. A real hooligans bike..

I'm with the Stunna Man ... a 1K for you ... have you seen pics of the new 10 ... single underseat exhaust ... wow!!

If I could get another bike ( I allready have 2 busas), I would go with GSX1000 . If I wanted to cruze alittle how about a V-Max?
rock.gif

The RC-51 and especially the 2005 model is a pretty cool deal

If you have not seen the black 05 in person and the bike is on your list of maybe's you owe it to yourself to take a look . It's stunning and with the right exhaust they sound wicked up high .

They don't make alot of HP and are fairly uncomfortable for trips over an hour but say take and buy stage II Moriwaki cams and the trick ECU while they are still available along with a few other gadjets even if you shelved them the deal would be near money in the bank 10 years from now if pristine .

An RC-30 they are not in that regard but if the economy got bad and a guy got stuck with a bike , that would be a nice one to be stuck with especially with 150 or so rear wheel power after mods . Wheely kinda like a Gas Gas trials bike excepting alot faster
biggrin.gif

Have you thought about a 2005 Black SV1000S ? Many upgrades to that one's motor vs previous years , reasonably comfy and can be had for 7200 bucks new from some dealers . They also can be built later on incase you find you want to keep the bike for a long while .

K5 ... i dont know about it's maintenence, but from all the reviews that I have got till date

...its a blast to ride!!
biggrin.gif

(BTW I'm getting mine tomorrow
devil.gif
... yippieeeeeeeeee)

My last bike was a 03 Honda 954rr and I loved it. It was very lo maintenance. Just changed the oil and clean. It cornered like it was on rails and would pull the front up to show off her belly very easy (if you are into that). I loved that bike and would get one at the drop of a dime if I could afford two. Just my $0.02
i second the motion, i also owned an 03 954rr and that bike was a beast, even with my fat ass it would pick up with me in multiple gears.

Back