Has anyone actually seen one of these?

yep, on a side note, they tried to simulate what the crew did in a sim with some of the other top dc-10 pilots. none could come close in getting the results that crew did. they were lucky and also had a off duty dc-10 flight instuctor on board that helped.

sorry to get this thread off track.

maybe we could produce a smaller turbine engine bike. what's the rating on some the the model RC aircraft with turbo fan engines on them?
biggrin.gif

Between the dude on Torque ripping through traffic sans helmet and the "stunt rider" on that video I would start to question how my 242mph motorcycle was built! They could have made a few better choices IMO.
rock.gif

(Mr. Anderson @ May 31 2007,04:07) nothing like the sound of ignitors kicking off as the compressor spools up. love that sound!
+1

Whiiiiiiine
*click click click click*
ROAR!

(he he)

My only issue was in that video it looked a little tricky. Hit the turn, kill the engine, make half the turn, fire the engine up, and throttle out of the turn.

Maybe the track kids will like it...

"Lets see, prep for my turn...
Brake
Clutch
Coast
Turn
Clutch
Throttle
another one already?!"

THEY RACED THAT THING AGAINST A JET ON TV AND THE BIKE WON BY SOMETHING LIKE A CAR LENGHT...PRETTY EFFIN COOL

Be a mess trying to find some gas station that sold Jet-A fuel, in an emergency guess he could use kerosene.

Worked 35 years for the government and 25 of it was on jet engines, you name it I've worked on 'em.

Oh, for the price of the bike, just give me 185K & I'll buy me a stock Busa and pocket the other $175K and be happy as punch.

As for the RC type jet engines, AMT makes one that puts out about 50 lbs of thrust--they are getting ready to put one out with that puts out 150 lbs of thrust, yep, 150.  Only bad thing about these RC turbine engines, you have to do a complete overhaul after 25 hours of operation--don't know what they charge for it but I bet it isn't cheap!!

tell me that they did not take a $200K bike and let some guy go stunting on it.... that was sad

Now what happens when the front tire starts to come off the ground? suppose you can not just click it off huh?

smile.gif
probably started when they had Jays bike on discovery channel... the "Hi Jay!" on the dash was pretty good.

Theyre made in gooooood ole louizeiiiania (louisiana). My home. Ive only seen them on utube though.

okay...something seems wrong.

$185k/3000 man hours=$61.66 per hour. So they basically worked for less than my local dealer does per hour without ever factoring in the cost of materials. Does something sound a bit inflated?
laugh.gif

Back