had the chance follow macon454

WOW...great pics, looks like alot of fun...hope to attended the next one....not sure who was riding the white 09 doubled up, but way to go...hats off to you!!! still curious how you get that low...my 1st interpitation of the busa was that it didnt have much clearence b4 the feelers touched, but you showed that wrong, not to mention doubled up...:bowdown:

That's Shane (Macon454)...btw, his feelers were ground off long ago...

thank you skydivr....ok then i figured right they do touch...lol....once again hats off to Macon, and also to the rest...looks like a great bunch of riders...would love to ride with all you some day

Had a great time going thru the dragon with you Sweat tea man, we will ride again next time also.

I followed (if you want to call it that) Macon and Warbird III for about 2 hours on Thursday (as we played camera ho) for US129 photos (back and forth, back and forth). Beside them wearing my arse out, it was invaluable to watch their riding style and line choice.

Warbird is an awesome technical rider: He really shows the difference in what taking the correct line will do for corner exit speed. He will excel on the track.

Macon is a natural: He's got the gonads of a elephant and so much natural talent. He's even fast 2-up. Totally fearless. His Pillion has got as much guts as he does.

Pics are up on US129. Here is the album link:

PhotoReflect - Xtreme Sports Photography

Watch what body postion and line choice will do for you. Man, I got SO close to my knee down very frustrating! I had my camera on when we did the parade lap, but I took it off when us three started ho'ing..sure wish I'd left it on!

Thank you for the kind words! I enjoyed riding with all of you that I did get a chance to ride with! Sorry Captain... I will be better at showing the line on the dragon... oh Skydiver has video of it! Post it up Kieth!:poke::rulez::laugh:

thank you skydivr....ok then i figured right they do touch...lol....once again hats off to Macon, and also to the rest...looks like a great bunch of riders...would love to ride with all you some day

RacerV, Macon454, and I have all tagged hard parts on our busas! The fix for that is to raise the back up 1" with a shorter dog bone and going to a 190/55r17 tire. Both RacerV and Macon454 have ground part of there exhaust heat shields! Both Yoshi R77 slip-ons! I have a full R77 system. Muffler angled slightly higher. The three of us have hit the feelers on the foot pegs! Macon454's are gone! RacerV's not to far from gone! Mine are working on being gone! Macon is riding 2 up which brings the bike closer to the ground. RacerV is a mid 200lb. rider which brings the bike closer to the ground. I being 180lbs. dont load up the bike as much so I have a little more clearance. But watching them both grind away parts and hearing that SCCCCCCRRRRRRAAAAPPPPPPPPEEEEE...... has me :please: when I am behind them.... that they dont loose it!

Last edited:
i can only imagine seeing that, just from the pics, i can tell that they are low, but like i said to watch Macon doubled up and that low is truly a sight of pure beauty, as a ex tracker i find it remarkable, and know that the choice of lines taken can only be perfect or at worse not to far off, i have yet to feel that comfortable on the busa do to the weight, but seeing you guys sure gives me courage that the busa is capable...and yes please put that vid up skydivr

Thanks for the good words all, I just really enjoy riding and so does my girlfriend.

I'm gonna have to think about that 55 rear tire and Soupys....

I hope one day to make a bash up there.
As I told Skydivr we used to camp there as a kid 'I think' but anyway down the dragon in a 77 Dodge conversion van doesnt count.

I think if I ever do make it and we go riding I will shake your hand and say thank you for the ride while we are still sitting still before we go.
Then I'll watch you ride off and I'll put put behind you...:laugh:
Been too long here in FL and I dont even know what I would do If I saw a curve ?
Like a confused monkey I would have to stop and study it for a while ?
:rofl:

Seems like another lifetime that I lived in Tn and used to run wild but now its Flattsville...

Great pics, great pics and you guys all are overqualified for the job..:laugh:
:bowdown:

Back