If you had a chance to fight in the ufc

If you had a chance to fight in the ufc - Which dicipline would u want mastery of

• Jeet Kune Do (made famous an' invented by Bruce Lee)

Votes: 73 100.0%
  • Ju Jitsu (good mix of throws etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Karate (solid art,been around for years)

• Kickboxing (the American form)

• Kung Fu (very lethal all round martial art)

• Muay Thai (the traditional form,flying knees and elbows)

• Tae Kwon Do (lots of kicks,more attack than defense)

• Wing Chun (300 yrs old,a deritive of KungFu,also used by Lee)

• Street Fighting (ghetto upbringing,tuff as nails,scrapper)

• Pure Boxer (tactition,awesome condition,stamina)

• Total voters
Ju Jitsu ......lots of submission holds ! Just get 'em on the mat and they're done !
wink.gif

For me..... Muay Thai Kickboxing. It seems the most lethal for the situation. I've seen quite a few KO's by way of the knee and the elbow. I don't think its the best defensive weapon around,but for an' agressive fighter,I think its the most damaging. It employs more "tools" than some of the others.

Rubb.

"Be water" as Bruce Lee used to say.  From my limited full contact experience 25 years ago, I found that a person's chosen style was secondary to their abilities to make use of it. I am most impressed by watching Thai kick boxers for sheer damage and violence, but I would have never guessed that Jiu Jitsu would have been so effective if it were not for Royce Gracie.

<!--EDIT|Ride_or_Fish
Reason for Edit: "zzz"|1145138045 -->

Seems like most styles are effective until they're down on the mat .

Ultimate fighting is so cool because it is 3 fights in one really.(the stand up punching and kicking,the holds reversals and flips,and the submission ground game).

Warputer is correct...whole new ball game when it hits the mat.

Thats why I'm a big fan of the pounders like Tank....he's round and solid,hard to get him off his feet...mean while, he just pounds you with big heavy fists. I dont care for the wrestling as much as the street fight side of it.

It really depends on the opponent. You don't want to stand with Chuck Liddell and you don't want Matt Hughes to take you down. That's why Andre Arlovsky is so darn good. He's a threat no matter where the fight is taking place.

I also think it is up to the fighter more than one particular style....most fights don't
have a clean knock out....you need to be to adapt to the fight at hand.

Not sure what the...... ufc...... is...... we don't get it over here..

but I think street fighting would be me thing........ bare knuckle......
wink.gif

Not sure what the...... ufc...... is...... we don't get it over here..

but I think street fighting would be me thing........ bare knuckle......
wink.gif
Its as close as it gets to streetfighting. When it first started there were only 2 rules:
- No biting
- No eye gouging

There are more rules now such as no knees to the head of a grounded opponent and no kicking if you are wearing shoes and many more, but the UFC is FAR from WWF (N.K.A. WWE).

Yeah , the Ultimate Fights aren't quite as Ultimate as they used to be .....but they're still pretty hard core ! Way better than the pretty boy crap wrestling .
laugh.gif

mauy tai for sure... an elbow or knee can be lethal....... I wrestled in highschool so I know a bit of that.

go in with just one and get hurt.  Need to be well rounded or pick a different venue to display skills in.

Did Muay Thai for 4 years. Have fought in a couple of small venue MMA matches. If it weren't for friends getting me involved in the ground game I know that I would have only won the one fight that I knocked the guy out in. My other wins were all by submission after getting taken down.

<!--EDIT|vincent
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145159306 -->

not into martial arts but a friend pointed out that pretty much boils down to the STRIKING vs. GRAPPLING forms.

Most fights end up on the ground: so STRIKERS need to quickly dispose of their opponent or the GRAPPLERS will dominate on the ground. Conversely, GRAPPLERS need to withstand a STRIKERS attack long enough to bring him down to the ground.

So RSD, can you add MMA to your poll maybe (or is STREETFIGHTER close enough?).

I couldn't vote...sorry rubba, Martial art is depends on your body style, in general a chubby guy can't learn Jeekundo (can learn but not much use for...) and better with judo or any types of jitsu for that matter...same thing with skiny guys as vise versa...anyone whos been study long nuff on any arts? will have a few favorite skills to put you down...practicing the samething over and over for years to compleate...
In asian country? being a martial arts man is forbidden (not for these days anymore, but some school still try to keep the old traditions) and to UFC, is not a martial arts to me. its a contact sports mix with wrestling and kick boxing...
so any kickboxers with jitsu tech. will have most advantages...I think
argue.gif

Back