Had a chance to check out the Corvette C8... PICS

Oh crap! I just got some info on an 11,000 mile 4LT ZO6 for sale.

I had a 14 GT500 which was my all time favorite car. Just fun to drive.
I have since moved most pictures in my basement mancave.
I’ve always loved the gt500, but felt like it was stupid to pay that much for a “not so practical car”, so ended up just getting a 2013 gt and is fun too, but no Gt500 power. My coworker bought a 2013 GT500 and paid $70k plus thinking it would hold its value or even go up, but then ford announced they were making another production run for 2014 and that was the end of his plans. he lost his behind off on that car when he sold it. He never really enjoyed the car either, since he only put about 6k miles on it trying to keep the miles low so it would hold its value.

I’ve always loved the gt500, but felt like it was stupid to pay that much for a “not so practical car”, so ended up just getting a 2013 gt and is fun too, but no Gt500 power. My coworker bought a 2013 GT500 and paid $70k plus thinking it would hold its value or even go up, but then ford announced they were making another production run for 2014 and that was the end of his plans. he lost his behind off on that car when he sold it. He never really enjoyed the car either, since he only put about 6k miles on it trying to keep the miles low so it would hold its value.

I’ve never bought a car or bike specifically to make money on the other end. My CBXs grew in value far more than anticipated but I had no thought of selling them when I bought them. I don’t pay too much to begin with. Sadly and surprisingly my Caddy isn’t worth crap according to KBB or NADA but at 105,000 miles it’s just getting broken in! :laugh: The six figure mileage doesn’t have as much to do with the resale prices as you’d think. I think it’s the tiny 32 valve Northstar motor vs the 16 valve Chevy V8 the later supercharged models came with. Still it’s cheaper to run than car payments.

I still see the 14's selling for 49k. It was a fun car though. I had an automatic hellcat but did not enjoy it as much.

I still see the 14's selling for 49k. It was a fun car though. I had an automatic hellcat but did not enjoy it as much.
You know I was tempted to get a Hellcat also but passed. For some reason these 600-800hp monsters also happen to weigh a ton! I drove a GT500 and while it was a nice car the Corvette was killing it in terms of a fun factor. The seating position, the drive height, the 3300 or so lbs it weighed just made more sense. I still love hellcats but I think a manual vette is a blast to drive. I miss mine! Maybe ill get another one one day!

You know I was tempted to get a Hellcat also but passed. For some reason these 600-800hp monsters also happen to weigh a ton! I drove a GT500 and while it was a nice car the Corvette was killing it in terms of a fun factor. The seating position, the drive height, the 3300 or so lbs it weighed just made more sense. I still love hellcats but I think a manual vette is a blast to drive. I miss mine! Maybe ill get another one one day!
The Vette is a fun car to drive and handles better than the 14GT500 with a straight axle. I just did not like having the vette as an only car. The 14 GT500 was easier to get in and out of for doing a bunch of errands and such. Plus I just enjoyed it more. 662 HP was fun to keep in check. The 15 + mustangs are also lower than the 14 and earlier. The Hellcat was a big comfortable car. I did not take advantage of all the HP as much.

Back