Have you every had a chance to really ride?

Uncle Jimmy

Registered
I just needed to share my experience with everyone.

I am in the US Army stationed in Germany. I have a 2012 Busa that I just bought last September and it is my first bike ever. I've been riding here in Germany since the beginning of April. On yesterday, I went from the city of Wiesbaden, where I live, 75 kilometers southwest to meet with other skilled rides. We rode up to Luxenburg, which was about a 3 hour ride. The ride consisted of mostly autobahn (highway) and some back road twisties. I can honestly say that I had the chance to true find out what an amazing piece of beastly machinery I have. She was running with the BMW 1000RRs, GSXR1000s and ZX10s through the entire route. I felt confident going through the curves at the same high speeds as the others and she got me up to speeds double and triple the US speed limits. I respect the bike and know that she will only do as commanded. I feel like it's a dream to live in Germany and to be able to legally do 150+mph. I wish you all could have been there to share it with me.

Other than your local race tracks, how do you get a chance to really ride?

Sounds like you are haing a great time with the Busa. You are in a better enivironment to experience her potential then we can in the states, at least legally. I admit, my riding skills are limited, no where near the capabilities of a sport bike and am perfectly happy with sport-touring with an ocasional but breif triple digit blast. Enjoy but be careful, riding on a track is a controlled environment, you NEVER know what is about to cause you harm on the public roads.

Thank you very much for your service to our wondeful country. I very much appreciate the service, sacrafices and dedication of our troops everywhere.

Jim

Thank you Jim. As we ride over here, it is not in between the cars or passing on the right-hand side. We obey the speed limits and are not causing chaos in the city areas. We hit those speeds in the areas where there were no speed limits and everyone that rides with us wear the appropriate gear. It's just a good feeling to enjoy the full sport bike and it's capabilities.

Going triple digit speeds is fun, but don't forget to learn how to maneuver in a parking lot. Nothing sweeter than making a U-turn in a parking lot in the size of a postage stamp. :thumbsup:

I would absolutely love to ride the Autobahn. I watched a Discovery channel show on the construction of the Autobahn system and it was amazing. Maybe someday I will get the chance.

There are a few isolated streches of blacktop that are difficult to resist.

339.jpg

349.jpg

A good friend of mine who is a German Officer has showed me several videos he has made riding the Autobahn and some of the favorite areas around the loop where people really can get going pretty quickly. It amazes me that people are legally allowed to ride that route at those speeds. You have an incredibly opportunity to ride there, thanks for sharing your post about it with us and thanks for your service.

here in Ohio we can only rip up the country roads ... everything in the city is so torn up with potholes its really pathetic

It is an amazing experience. So that everyone that have not been to Germany before, the autobahn is the public highway system. It's the same as the highways in the US, but in the areas that are not around cities there are no speed limits. Around cities and small towns, it slows down to 100 kph or 62 mph.

I can't say I have really been able to ride. Where I'm from the land is flat and the speed limit is around 65 on the highway and not too many twisties. It has been a long time dream of mine to drive on the autobahn and nurgburgring. That will most likely never happen but I'm glad you've has the chance to experience it. Thanks for serving our country. Stay safe out there...

Are those farm roads? They seem straight, but how's the pavement? If they are farm roads and the pavement is nice, that would mean that they aren't traveled too much and they can be abused without anyone knowing. That would make them awesome.

We also have the curved roads here. If you are skilled to drag a knee, it can be done. Right now I am enjoying the speed, but before the season is over I will get more into the curves.

Back