had the chance follow macon454

sweet tea man

Registered
We met up coincidentally atop the dragon. After chatting for a minute, we both headed down.

Let me tell you guys something, that was about the most fun I've had while riding in a while. Both of us were two up, and being able to chase someone with his skill was really fun.

We got to the bottom and I abruptly told him "man, you are one fun person to follow!" He laughed and simply said "I was just cruisin through". Lol.

He might have been cruising, but I had the best time chasing him down the dragon today I've ever had.

Just wanted to share a fun bash story from earlier today
Posted via Mobile Device

I also had a great time following him through the gap especially when he was dragging the left side exhaust:bowdown:

e11250.gif
no doubt:thumbsup:

I followed (if you want to call it that) Macon and Warbird III for about 2 hours on Thursday (as we played camera ho) for US129 photos (back and forth, back and forth). Beside them wearing my arse out, it was invaluable to watch their riding style and line choice.

Warbird is an awesome technical rider: He really shows the difference in what taking the correct line will do for corner exit speed. He will excel on the track.

Macon is a natural: He's got the gonads of a elephant and so much natural talent. He's even fast 2-up. Totally fearless. His Pillion has got as much guts as he does.

Pics are up on US129. Here is the album link:

PhotoReflect - Xtreme Sports Photography

Watch what body postion and line choice will do for you. Man, I got SO close to my knee down very frustrating! I had my camera on when we did the parade lap, but I took it off when us three started ho'ing..sure wish I'd left it on!

There aren't too many people that can out run me on a Busa, Macon and Warbird are great to run with and definitely exceed me in riding skill:thumbsup:

Racer, trying to follow you yesterday morning was also a lesson in futility! That was a spirited ride down 28! Not to mention not killing that guy that stomped his brakes on you on purpose....

Hard to tell if he was reaching for a gun or not so I let it go. It was very difficult to control myself though....

You did the right thing Bro....

I doubt he knew what he'd gotten himself into until you climbed your 6'4 frame off that bike....you were definintly the WRONG person to do that to...

There is rumor of some old dude in a pickup truck out there going around and doing stuff like that to bikers, along with deliberately throwing rock out in the road in bad places...I wonder if he was one in the same....

Hard to say but I estimate with our group alone, we spend about $20,000 there, you would think the locals would appreciate that.

I had the chance to follow Macon on the dragon on Friday and RacerV on Saturday......both rides were fun and very humbling experiences :bowdown:. I think I saw em both for the 1st 1/4 of a mile then met them at the end.

Shane getting down in Arkansas:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got passed by Macon454 and Warbird II. They made me feel slow. Great Riders A pleasure to meet up with everyone again:bowdown:

WOW...great pics, looks like alot of fun...hope to attended the next one....not sure who was riding the white 09 doubled up, but way to go...hats off to you!!! still curious how you get that low...my 1st interpitation of the busa was that it didnt have much clearence b4 the feelers touched, but you showed that wrong, not to mention doubled up...:bowdown:

Back