H2 vs Big Bore

You would be incorrect, check into your numbers and testing. Those runs were done with Q16 RACE gas and NOT pump fuel. These bikes are going to melt over and over again if you think those results will be achieved on 93-octane for long periods. More Kawasaki babel with "compressor wheel is ultra efficient"...have you ever owned a forced induction vehicle? :rofl:

From Cycle World

"It makes 292 horsepower to the rear wheel on pump gas. KHI is very smart. They are never going to run anything on the edge. When we checked the air-fuel ratio, it was 11.3 to 11.4. That’s how rich they had it. They had to make sure it’s safe enough for anybody who gets their hands on it to not blow it up. We knew from racing my turbo bike that we can lean it out quite a bit more than that. So we took the air-fuel ratio to about 12.2 and picked up 30 horsepower. With the leaner mixture and improved airflow, we went from 269 horsepower to 292. If you equate that to crankshaft horsepower, that would be around 320 horsepower."

And yes the compressor wheel is very efficient, that was my own conclusion not "Kawi babel". Have you seen the compressor map? Can you even read one? Maybe it's hard for you to grasp that something may perform well with technology that's not 16 years old. Wasn't really trying to turn this into a pissing match but, a lot of Busa guys turn into some crying *****es when someone mentions something other than another Busa may out perform their machine.

dude u do realize that H2 weighs 530 lbs right..... you think that qualifies as a corner carver? lmao.... so the comment "The Busa isn't even in the running" is comical cause neither is this bike.

so this bike does one thing good and thats go straight! same thing a Turbo Busa does but the Turbo Busa does it FAR better.....:whistle:

Are you making assumptions from reading a couple of spec sheets ?

Or are you talking to professional riders who have ridden all there is to ride,
and who have ridden the thing in anger at the track ?

Obviously those professionals who have ridden it could learn a thing from you.
Your wasted on here.?... LOL

I'm not sure if Americans are familiar with the phrase "Bury your head in the sand"?
It means to refuse to think about an unpleasant situation.

or as I prefer to say, "your like Cleopatra's Boat"
.... In De-Nile !

I am sure that the H2 is a great bike. The biggest hang up for me is the 25g price tag for a stock bike. Yes it us a HP monster in stock fo but for that price I don't think that I will be seeing a lot of them on the streets where I live. Personally for that price I want a bike that is "mine" not a bike that anyone can have with a trip to the local dealer. I would not like going to a local bike night and seeing one or two other bikes that were exactly like mine.

If 25k is a lot for you to spend on a bike, then this bike is not for you. It more appeals to people who have no trouble dropping 25k+ on a Ducati, Aprilla, HP4..etc. Also those who just have to have the latest and greatest. I just love great designs and technology, don't care who it's from. Hopefully other manufactures will answer with some more serious machinery. I hope Suzuki comes with something mind blowing. If they can do it for less money then they will have a winner. Problem is I don't think they have the capitol. Their car division failed and they don't have a Heavy Industries Side to boost revenues. If they do however build something competitive, I will be in line to pick one up.

Wow, that's a bad bike, I love the looks of it. 25k is not a lot for that bike when you look at everything it has in it. Brembo and ohlins all the way around it, supercharger and who knows what else. Darn, I can't wait to see one in reel life. Dont be stuck in your ways.

Look. Did everyone forget about the S1000RR? This is still a very well built and engineered motorcycle and we all said "it's a POS, too heavy, revs to high, Busa/ZX14R has way more TQ and will pull away before it even comes alive, yada yada yada yada.........and so forth.......

Turned out it is a hell of a bike and has given fits to all the big bore bikes whether in a straight line or obviously in the turns. Sign of the times.

Is the H2 heavy? Probably but as soon as the aftermarket kicks in, the heavy exhaust will put the bike back down to where litre bikes have been the past decade. Yes, if someone can afford 25k on the initial outlay, that won't stop them from spending the extra 2k+ for a new Brock Alienhead setup.....yes 2k, an air filter for $200, then the ECU reflash for $500.......I forsee a Ferrari tax on this new Kawi. Until D&D comes out with there $500 system.....:laugh:

We high altitude guys are screwed btw........

From Cycle World

"It makes 292 horsepower to the rear wheel on pump gas. KHI is very smart. They are never going to run anything on the edge. When we checked the air-fuel ratio, it was 11.3 to 11.4. That’s how rich they had it. They had to make sure it’s safe enough for anybody who gets their hands on it to not blow it up. We knew from racing my turbo bike that we can lean it out quite a bit more than that. So we took the air-fuel ratio to about 12.2 and picked up 30 horsepower. With the leaner mixture and improved airflow, we went from 269 horsepower to 292. If you equate that to crankshaft horsepower, that would be around 320 horsepower."

And yes the compressor wheel is very efficient, that was my own conclusion not "Kawi babel". Have you seen the compressor map? Can you even read one? Maybe it's hard for you to grasp that something may perform well with technology that's not 16 years old. Wasn't really trying to turn this into a pissing match but, a lot of Busa guys turn into some crying *****es when someone mentions something other than another Busa may out perform their machine.

...and you keep posting BS magazines articles on pre-production bikes that mean crap. Go over to the H2 forums and start reading actual tests and results of production bikes in current owners hands...

Start here with Guhl ECU mods... Guhl Motors' H2/H2R ECU Dyno Testing - Preliminary Results - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

Then move here.. Work on the H2 and H2R ECU... Finally some facts... - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

Then read the rest of the forum and the other H2 forums... :rofl:

...and you keep posting BS magazines articles on pre-production bikes that mean crap. Go over to the H2 forums and start reading actual tests and results of production bikes in current owners hands...

Start here with Guhl ECU mods... Guhl Motors' H2/H2R ECU Dyno Testing - Preliminary Results - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

Then move here.. Work on the H2 and H2R ECU... Finally some facts... - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

Then read the rest of the forum and the other H2 forums... :rofl:

Been there done that. What are you laughing at? Yourself? Guhl is the guy who cracked is cracking the code on the ECU. The 292 wasn't a pre-production motorcycle. As I mentioned before it had the Hot cam from the H2R. These bikes are going to make 260+ once the restrictions are taken off. Maybe your one of the guys that Mr. Tony Nitrous says "Has their head up their ass...Oops, I mean head buried in the sand!

Been there done that. What are you laughing at? Yourself? Guhl is the guy who cracked is cracking the code on the ECU. The 292 wasn't a pre-production motorcycle. As I mentioned before it had the Hot cam from the H2R. These bikes are going to make 260+ once the restrictions are taken off. Maybe your one of the guys that Mr. Tony Nitrous says "Has their head up their ass...Oops, I mean head buried in the sand!

Hate to tell you but H2R cams aren't even avaiable for sale yet. All those tests by Guhl are on Ricky's pre-production bike with parts from an H2R. Again, show me a production bike test.

Don't be fooled, I like the H2 a lot and the R1M and S1000RR but that data doesn't lie. The bike will make great power until it detonates and blows when running pump fuel. Second order bank is open until April 21st,....decisions decisions... :whistle:

Hate to tell you but H2R cams aren't even avaiable for sale yet. All those tests by Guhl are on Ricky's pre-production bike with parts from an H2R. Again, show me a production bike test.

Don't be fooled, I like the H2 a lot and the R1M and S1000RR but that data doesn't lie. The bike will make great power until it detonates and blows when running pump fuel. Second order bank is open until April 21st,....decisions decisions... :whistle:

True. Wonder how far you can take it with stock cams and E85? E85 was my fuel of choice with my Turbo Diamond Stars (Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talons 1997cc I4). I made 757whp with that stuff with a pretty safe tune. Get some Ford CNG 1600cc injectors, 13dg of timing at peak torque, run it fat and all was good. Just beware of the winter blend which is more like E70. Not sure if the H2 has enough injector for E85 though. I know on the 06-07 ZX14 the gain on an N/A bike were comparable to MR12/09. 08-11 didn't have enough injector to support it. Never tried running in on my 05 Busa.

My final thought is this. I love my busa and Im waiting for a g3 to arrive in the next year or 2. If they disappoint then I go Kawi. I like the 14r design and looks too. Suzuki needs to get real with the tech and innovation like Kawi has done. PERIOD> I think if they do they can do what they did in 99. OTherwise dont waste my time. H2? forget it. Too expensive. Too much hype for the money.

Its interesting that consumer reports had an article that showed bmw and with some of the worst maintenance repairs of all the bikes. Honda, Yamaha and Zuk at the top. Heck even Harley beat bmw which really shocked me.

assumptions? wats a matter u feel stupid now knowing this so-called track bike weighs 525 lbs and you think its gonna compete in some sort of AMA race? lmao.... or maybe you think the 292 rwhp is gonna compete against drag bikes too and thats not the $25k model either which makes it even more laughable? thats the $50k model lmao.....:rofl:

well, ya know wat they say there is a sucker born every minute and apparently ur one them. congratulations lol.

the only assumptions made here are by you thinking this bike will compete against Turbo bikes in the straights or compete against REAL track bikes at the track weighing 400 lbs. keep dreaming!

or maybe Kawi just made these curb weight numbers up?:whistle:

Are you making assumptions from reading a couple of spec sheets ?

Or are you talking to professional riders who have ridden all there is to ride,
and who have ridden the thing in anger at the track ?

Obviously those professionals who have ridden it could learn a thing from you.
Your wasted on here.?... LOL

Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 2.59.31 PM.jpg

There's a nasty rumour going around that it won't carry as much furniture as a U-haul truck and it laps the planet slower than a space shuttle, so that's two more "fails" to add to the list.

:rofl:

Not sure who will read this but i happen to have ridden both bikes. My busa was 1441 and the H2 in stock form. I will tell you that my busa felt more torquey however, the H2's acceleration in stock form is rediculous. I havent done anything to it as of yet but I got rid of my built busa and got the H2 just because so far there was no comparison. I was that guy that upgraded the Jri suspension and got the engine built and i even had nitrous on my busa as well. All of that doesn't compare to the technology advances that the bike offers. Anyone who rides the bike vs their busa will have a second thought about the price tag and their current ride. I also have two s1000rrs and im still impressed with the bike.

One of our local riders has one. Exhaust replaced and a reflash netted him 235 at the back wheel. Don't know all the details. One of the bennies with the supercharger is its immunity to altitude power loss just like a turbo. Works well in Albuquerque. He loves it! Sounds pretty mean as he shifts gears at redline.

Nice! a real world review from someone who actually owns one vs. watches Utube videos all night then becomes an expert on the H2. those are some interesting comments for sure. that makes me want to find one and see wat he has to offer.

yea I'm sure that thing takes off like a bat outta hell being blown vs Turbocharged. thats a hot bike no doubt. I think that is just the beginning with wat Kawi has planned for the future ZX-14 which imo will also have a blower next year or maybe the year after. if slozuki doesn't come out with either a Turbo or a blower it won't compete period.

but dam that Brocks H2 went 166 mph in the 1/4. thats impressive.

Not sure who will read this but i happen to have ridden both bikes. My busa was 1441 and the H2 in stock form. I will tell you that my busa felt more torquey however, the H2's acceleration in stock form is rediculous. I havent done anything to it as of yet but I got rid of my built busa and got the H2 just because so far there was no comparison. I was that guy that upgraded the Jri suspension and got the engine built and i even had nitrous on my busa as well. All of that doesn't compare to the technology advances that the bike offers. Anyone who rides the bike vs their busa will have a second thought about the price tag and their current ride. I also have two s1000rrs and im still impressed with the bike.

Back