Cams what size really works.

Snoop

Registered
I'm fixing my 02 (spun rod bearing) so the big thought I have been pondering is what size cams does one see a difference vs money spent? I already have a 1397 ported head and 2 intake cams. If my crank is salvageable I'm thinking of doing some more to it cams being my thought.

:welcome: along Snoop !
I see you are new here, we like the new members to head over to the new members section of the board and introduce themselves.
Post up some pics of your Busa and some background info on you and your bike.
We are a friendly and helpful bunch but also we do like to know who we are talking to . . .
you will also get a better response to your questions :rolleyes:
Even if your crankshaft is toast, there may well be someone here that can help you with that.
We have a lot of members that are mechanically very proficient and have tons of spares.

Why not purchase a Gen2 crank and go 1441? That $600 is a pretty good bang for the buck. I can tell you .415/385 works well, or even a .395 on the exhaust. This is a pretty tried and true formula for a 1441. 202mphbusa is probably on the money for a 1397 with his .401/.378.

I'm fixing my 02 (spun rod bearing) so the big thought I have been pondering is what size cams does one see a difference vs money spent? I already have a 1397 ported head and 2 intake cams. If my crank is salvageable I'm thinking of doing some more to it cams being my thought.
HI. I have a gen 1 Falicon crank lighted and knife edged perfect $500.00 + shipping E Mail 66676869@aol,com phone 508-496-5680;

Back