H2 vs Big Bore

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
now that the H2 is a real thing, i'm wondering if my 1397 is gonna be enough if i run across one in the wild. has the busa been dethroned by the green monster again?

be close. the H2 is no lightweight. it weighs 530 lbs. wet. it prob makes 220 to the wheels at best ill bet. I'm sure ur bike makes around 215 id think depending on whether or not u did the head/cams.

run across one in the wild now thats funny....:laugh:

There is a couple good h2 races in this video. Races a 14r and a 10r, h2 beats both but not by an incredible amount. It is very close to the modded 14r, for 25k I would expect better.

Last edited by a moderator:
that exhaust has got to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen on a motorcycle. WTF was kawi thinkn smh. and that guy was the absolute biggest tool I've ever seen on a bike. wat a complete idiot!

he didn't even make any power with it. maybe he got it up to 140 hp while at 4k rpm. ppl like that shud be banned from ever making a utube video.

that exhaust has got to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen on a motorcycle. WTF was kawi thinkn smh. and that guy was the absolute biggest tool I've ever seen on a bike. wat a complete idiot!

. ppl like that shud be banned from ever making a utube video.

My thoughts exactly.

ppl like that shud be banned from ever making a utube video.

+1000

I think a 1397 busa could take it on the top end. maybe we will see a video of that one day

The throttle by wire system on the H2 reduces the throttle position from 100% after 10,000rpm down to just 50% throttle and then as low as 35% before redline. Rev limit is also limited @ 13k vs 14k for the H2r. With a simple flash to do away with the restrictions imposed by the throttle by wire system and increasing the rev limit up to 14k where it should be, the H2 will be making a good 250+whp. Remove the stock exhaust and it loses almost 40lbs. All those Catalytic converters are heavy. Then your looking at an under curb weight in the 400's. Almost any N/A Busa is going to get a beating unless you have some serious engine work and race gas. Hope Suzuki has an answer for team green cause they are kicking ass right now.

Is going fast in a straight line most Busa owners only party trick ? It seems a popular comparison.

Keep hotting up your 16 year old design and hope you don't meet the Kwak anywhere more interesting than a straight highway ?

Love my Busa and King but I'm not burying my head in the sand that the industry has moved on.

You'll need more than just horsepower to keep a ZX10R or S1RR in sight anywhere other than a boring straight highway, the H2 is going to be an added spice version of the same.

It's quite funny. Most folk are really keen that there's something new on the market,
something that's a step up and has a more raw, wild character, not just another paint and sticker job, this is the only forum I've seen where folk are quick to shout "it's ugly, its expensive, I'm quicker with a straight line one trick pony"
I doubt Kwak even gave the dated old Busa a second thought!

I love these threads.
You guys crack me up.

The throttle by wire system on the H2 reduces the throttle position from 100% after 10,000rpm down to just 50% throttle and then as low as 35% before redline. Rev limit is also limited @ 13k vs 14k for the H2r. With a simple flash to do away with the restrictions imposed by the throttle by wire system and increasing the rev limit up to 14k where it should be, the H2 will be making a good 250+whp. Remove the stock exhaust and it loses almost 40lbs. All those Catalytic converters are heavy. Then your looking at an under curb weight in the 400's. Almost any N/A Busa is going to get a beating unless you have some serious engine work and race gas. Hope Suzuki has an answer for team green cause they are kicking ass right now.

That's because the bike has ZERO intercooler on it and if you are riding fast for more than just a couple short blasts the engine is going to melt and self destruct! I love the bike but also understand there is only so much you can do with PUMP fuel on a forced induction motorcycle.. :beerchug:

Is going fast in a straight line most Busa owners only party trick ? It seems a popular comparison.

Keep hotting up your 16 year old design and hope you don't meet the Kwak anywhere more interesting than a straight highway ?

Love my Busa and King but I'm not burying my head in the sand that the industry has moved on.

You'll need more than just horsepower to keep a ZX10R or S1RR in sight anywhere other than a boring straight highway, the H2 is going to be an added spice version of the same.

It's quite funny. Most folk are really keen that there's something new on the market,
something that's a step up and has a more raw, wild character, not just another paint and sticker job, this is the only forum I've seen where folk are quick to shout "it's ugly, its expensive, I'm quicker with a straight line one trick pony"
I doubt Kwak even gave the dated old Busa a second thought!

I love these threads.
You guys crack me up.

We can talk about looks of a bike all day, everybody has their own opinion. I'm certainly quick to judge a new product by cost and performance though. For 25k I can buy a brand new busa and still have 14k left to put into turbo and upgrades. I'm not sure but I'd bet I can build a lighter, faster and more comfortable bike for 25k. I'm sorry but this bike is way over hyped for the performance to cost ratio.

I wonder how strong and smart they have built the H2 to handle the many idiots out there who have money to burn just to have the latest and greatest then fill it up with 86 octane, hit the rev limiter on every gear shift, run it till the coolant overflows.......you get the picture.

I would imagine the ECU still has some good ol' safety factors built in to cut power, timing, fuel or whatever safe guards needed to keep it running as long as possible.

Sorry to say but anything less than a well built 1440 possibly putting out 220hp reliably will have their hands full. Once the simple mods to give it another 20-30hp, the old bikes are done. On the street good luck and at altitude, H2 will have it covered.

At the strip will be determined how well the bike is setup and a rider mod available.

That's because the bike has ZERO intercooler on it and if you are riding fast for more than just a couple short blasts the engine is going to melt and self destruct! I love the bike but also understand there is only so much you can do with PUMP fuel on a forced induction motorcycle.. :beerchug:

It doesn't need an intercooler at it's boost levels. The power is reduced for safety and emissions reasons. The bike has already made 296whp on pump gas with the hot cams from the R version and remaped ECU. You can beat it to death at those power levels too. The compressor wheel is ultra efficient with intake temps nowhere near a comparable turbo setup. The H2 has a slightly lower comp ratio than the R version which is a bit more boost friendly on pump. It's a technological marvel the likes we have never seen in a production motorcycle. Great time to be alive for motorcycle enthusiast with so many great bike to choose from. :thumbsup:

We can talk about looks of a bike all day, everybody has their own opinion. I'm certainly quick to judge a new product by cost and performance though. For 25k I can buy a brand new busa and still have 14k left to put into turbo and upgrades. I'm not sure but I'd bet I can build a lighter, faster and more comfortable bike for 25k. I'm sorry but this bike is way over hyped for the performance to cost ratio.

Back to the turbo / straight line statements.

Build a Busa to take on ZX10R's / S1RR / H2 around a decent race track
or around the mountains and I'll be impressed. That's the target.

The broken record playing "I can go faster in a straight line with a turbo" is getting old.

Its a mad bike to take on the Super-Sport / Hyper-Sports race bike market.
The Busa isn even in the running.

Cost? Well the Ducati Desmosedici RR sold out pretty quick around here.

You say that as if the H2 is a lightweight corner carver, sorry to say but it is not. Both the busa and the H2 exceed 500lbs. Also, yes I mentioned a busa as this is a forum for that specific bike. Give the busa some comparable upgrades wheels, suspension, it will hang with a h2 on a track just fine. For the sake of the argument though, lets say I bought a new 10r and put the addition money into it equaling the 25k the h2 costs. Would it still be inferior to the h2 in your opinion? I'm all for the innovation of it, if you can call it that, as if forced induction is something new. I just find it to be overpriced, over weight, and too detuned. Now the new R1m, that is a thing of beauty, :p. Anyway, if I'm looking for shear speed and great cornering, I'd pick a liter bike with a turbo any day over this. Lighter and more power, am I wrong?

Talking to JM who was at the launch and has used one in anger at the track,
a race spec ZX10R would be faster in the hands of a pro racer, but a H2
would be quicker for the other 99% of us.
Correct, the weight isn't "sportsbike" but the overall design is a lot closer than the Busa.

I'm looking forward to trying one, either here in AU or on my next UK trip and finding out.

Great to have bikes like the new R1 and H2 around.
They have created a lot of interest in the market.
Only time will tell how much is hype and how much is progress.

Shame the best Suzuki can do is paint and stickers,
or the great new naked bike that's a detuned old GSXR lump in a Zed lookalike.

I love my Suzuki's, but in the new bike market the line up is borderline embarrassing.

6m 40 sec in, a popular reaction...

Long time since anyone said that about a Suzuki.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't need an intercooler at it's boost levels. The power is reduced for safety and emissions reasons. The bike has already made 296whp on pump gas with the hot cams from the R version and remaped ECU. You can beat it to death at those power levels too. The compressor wheel is ultra efficient with intake temps nowhere near a comparable turbo setup. The H2 has a slightly lower comp ratio than the R version which is a bit more boost friendly on pump. It's a technological marvel the likes we have never seen in a production motorcycle. Great time to be alive for motorcycle enthusiast with so many great bike to choose from. :thumbsup:

You would be incorrect, check into your numbers and testing. Those runs were done with Q16 RACE gas and NOT pump fuel. These bikes are going to melt over and over again if you think those results will be achieved on 93-octane for long periods. More Kawasaki babel with "compressor wheel is ultra efficient"...have you ever owned a forced induction vehicle? :rofl:

Back to the turbo / straight line statements.

Build a Busa to take on ZX10R's / S1RR / H2 around a decent race track
or around the mountains and I'll be impressed. That's the target.

The broken record playing "I can go faster in a straight line with a turbo" is getting old.

Its a mad bike to take on the Super-Sport / Hyper-Sports race bike market.
The Busa isn even in the running.

Cost? Well the Ducati Desmosedici RR sold out pretty quick around here.
dude u do realize that H2 weighs 530 lbs right..... you think that qualifies as a corner carver? lmao.... so the comment "The Busa isn't even in the running" is comical cause neither is this bike.

so this bike does one thing good and thats go straight! same thing a Turbo Busa does but the Turbo Busa does it FAR better.....:whistle:

Back