Big bore or Turbo

big bore, as long as you don't go over a 1397. An APE exchange block $862, Ward head approx $1250, Web Cams $550... Tuned right on good gas you should be around 220-225 rwhp. You can figuire $3000 after you buy the gaskets, oil and other misc parts. That is less than a base turbo kit and the install is pretty straight forward, either do it yourself then take it to a dyno to get tuned or let a shop do it all. This is my winter wish list, it should put me right at 300 rwhp on the bottle.

Either way you go you will need to at a minimum upgrade to HD clutch springs if not an aftermarket clutch and I would invest in a ZZZ chain as well.

You will also prob want to get good sticky tires to help with the wheel spin on the road, they don't last long at all so be prepared to spend $$ on new ones every couple thousand miles.

I don't mean to scare anyone off of building an awsome street machine but I do try to keep it real. The more power i have the less i tend to ride on the street. Traction issues are my main complaint, when it was still stock length it would either wheelie or spin when i pinned it. Now i have it set at 7" over with a shinko slick and it hooks and doesn't wheelie (250hp on the spray) but doesn't corner worth a darn anymore.

Good luck with your build either way you decide to go, there aren't too many 220+ hp bikes built for the street so you'll be killin the competition...

PS: VP C16 mixed 50/50 with pump fuel will help HP numbers in most turbo and big bore bikes and reduce chance of detonation.

(GMbusa @ Jul. 02 2007,22:54) The Motorhead does good with stage1 set-ups. Anything higher, i would go elsewhere. Good thing is that all the Ghetto kits are upgradeable.
HERE HE IS,, I FOUND HIM,, THE ONE THAT WAS IN THE CAVE!
poke.gif

The latter part of your statement, GMBusa, is the ONLY part anyone here should listen too!

Word to the wise!!!

(Ride_or_Fish @ Jun. 30 2007,20:41) ... and do you have local tuners you can trust regardless of which route you go?
Yes this is the biggie question. Who do you have to do the work. If you setup a turbo to be on the lighter side for boost you can go on and on. same thing for a big bore if doen right. Done by someone who things they know you will be suffering a long time.

Back