big bore or head work?

BrianK

Registered
carpenter racing tells me 210hp turn key. that is porting and cams clutch mod remap. drop the bike off pick it up 2 weeks later done deal $3300

muzzy tells me their 1464 big block kit will put me in the 200hp area with no intake mods i can do some later for more ponies $2600 for kit needs to be installed myself or take to a shop.

i have 07 with 1500 miles. which way to go?

Are you sure they said 1464 and not 1364 for $2600 ? And thats what I've been saying all along . Why spend all that loot on an 08 that out of the box does make some impressive numbers according to Brock's somewhat happy dyno , when for 2-3 grand you can have 200 RWHP or over out of you present bike . And.....Sans the somewhat hideous tail section.

i personaly wouldn't do a 1464 ever again. those offset are a terror. Mine chewed up carrillo h-beam rods and spit them right outa the case...

i would go the port work from carpenter, much more reliable/driveable on the street i would think...just my 2 cents worth though.

who is carpenter racing ....im a noob to the site ..i recently cut my right had off at work and have a brandnew 06 sittin collecting dust...and would like all this work done since im not able to do anything for about a year

brian if your a good wrench do it yourself and collect the parts and go for it or go to carpenter and go back and get it....

war..dam..that some serious stuff right there!!

Good luck on the healing and the lawsuit!!well if it possible to sue??

Carpenter sounds good. Then later you could add some compression or displacement and really lose your mind.

alot of people run a carpenter head. I've always been very satisfied with his products. I've run two different head configs in the past and am working on a third combo soon with him.

Agree lots of good advice... You could turn the wrench yourself or as suggested let the man do it. Plus, again as mentioned you could always go 1397cc later when you've racked some miles on that 07
smile.gif

(WarBlade @ Sep. 27 2007,21:45) who is carpenter racing ....im a noob to the site ..i recently cut my right had off at work and have a brandnew 06 sittin collecting dust...and would like all this work done since im not able to do anything for about a year
Sorry to hear this my Brother.... Glad to see you kept your bike! I know you've probably heard this a million and one times but I promise with time things will get better. I have personal experience with this in my life. In 1972 my Dad lost his Left hand to a sheet pressing/ironing commercial machine! It seared and smashed his hand to roughly his wrist, kind of like a towel wringer only much bigger. Point is though he has adapted and overcame everything that came his way including over 27 surgerys. Forgot to mention my pops was an avid motorcyclist at the time, had even just bought two brand new Kawasakis...

so i take it u dont have enough horsepower ....any way i am the type of guy who doesnt like to pay for the same thing twice....like pistons n rings n such ....right now ur bike is really fast , and very reliable i doubt ther is any one around who can really really use the busa to its total potential and pretty much any one can drag race its all about how deep ur pockets are .......just my two cents
beerchug.gif

I'm personally thinking about higher compression, cams and
head work for reliability issues.

Back