stage 2 turbo vs 1441 big bore help

Lillblack

Registered
Hi, all
I cannot decide between Hahn’s stage 2 turbo going for about 3k or an APE’s 1441 big bore kit going for about 2200. Can someone tell me the pros and cons? I have owned my 2005 Busa w/pcIII for about a year now and I think I have caught the speed bug. My budget is very limited to 3200 atm. I know nothing about engine rebuilds or Turbo set ups. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hahn Racecraft - Motorcycle Turbosystems
www.hayabusa.org/forum/ape-race-parts/157075-ultimate-gen-one-1441-engine-kit-winter-special.html

if your budget is that low, you might want to go with just a turbo.
install can run upwards of $1500.00 :rulez:

Hi, all
I cannot decide between Hahn’s stage 2 turbo going for about 3k or an APE’s 1441 big bore kit going for about 2200. Can someone tell me the pros and cons? I have owned my 2005 Busa w/pcIII for about a year now and I think I have caught the speed bug. My budget is very limited to 3200 atm. I know nothing about engine rebuilds or Turbo set ups. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hahn Racecraft - Motorcycle Turbosystems
www.hayabusa.org/forum/ape-race-parts/157075-ultimate-gen-one-1441-engine-kit-winter-special.html
If your handy with tools you can install the turbo yourself, its not really as hard as it is time consuming. Installing your own big bore kit is a VERY involved job that you would be best off paying a good shop to do, unless your a mechanic. And like Red said it won't be cheap. Plus you'll get quite abit more power from the turbo, better bang for your buck :thumbsup: The big bore would prolly be more reliable and less maintainence down the road, but if you install a turbo kit right, with good parts and treat it with a little respect they can last a long time with little problem as well :thumbsup:
Plus NOTHING beats the rush of a turbo hyperbike :laugh: I know I love mine!!

Stage 2 or 1441 kit on $3k budget does not sound like these two things go together. When you start to step into the world of big time power it is rarely at a $3k budget.

If you want a turbo, look into RCC, they have a strong following around here. The stage 1, 240hp kit is $4500, so over your budget, but worth the price. If you just looking for a bit more performance and the money is burning a hole in your pocket, some light weights wheels can really make a difference.

If you want a turbo, look into RCC, they have a strong following around here. The stage 1, 240hp kit is $4500, so over your budget, but worth the price. If you just looking for a bit more performance and the money is burning a hole in your pocket, some light weights wheels can really make a difference.

How much difference would a set of light rims make?

If your not a mechanic and your on a tight budget leave it OEM or trade it in on a GENII. Dealing with motorcycles for 25 years and modifying them equals tweaking / tuning on a regular bases.
There is no such thing as modifying and not tweaking or making minor repairs or adjustments often.

Rcc also comes with an external waste gate, so when u don't want 300hp you can fine tune it much better. I think the Hahn was a 16g or super 16g, pretty positive both internal waste gate. Just a thought when I pondered the turbo idea.

didnt want to get to far ahead of myself
I got a nice used ceramic coated turbo kit for my 14 running 8lbs of boost and around 270rwhp for under 3 grand, the kit included lock up clutch, shortened and tapped oil pan, full exhaust, and the 270hp map off the same year 14 the kit came off of. I installed it myself so no labor cost. It runs crazy fast and very smooth, and has been very reliable for over 8000 miles so far. So boosting for 3200 can be done, but like Megawatt said its not the norm. And depending on what the kit comes with you might need a few extra's like a pcIII or up, boost/fuel pressure and maybe afr gauges and possibly even a data logger which are nice. And you do need to be pretty mechanically inclined like Lankee mentioned because big performance requires fiddling and tuning/fixing WAY more than a stocker. No set it and forget it about big hp.

lankeeyankee said:
If your not a mechanic and your on a tight budget leave it OEM or trade it in on a GENII. Dealing with motorcycles for 25 years and modifying them equals tweaking / tuning on a regular bases.
There is no such thing as modifying and not tweaking or making minor repairs or adjustments often.

Excellent advice!

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Back