HELP...Big block...or power package?

irish06busa

Registered
06 busa TRE, 18/32 sprockets, air box mod, boz bros moira exhaust(looking at Muzzy's m10, Raised 1" dog bones PLEASE HELP I NEED MORE SPEED!!! Looking at this power package from schnitz racing......
1 set of custom drop-in (81mm) Pistons manufactured by JE Pistons to Brock’s specifications with 'bore-friendly' rings and tool steel wrist pins. (13:1 Compression)
Brock’s IN061 .360 lift/244 degree (at.050) hard weld Intake Cam manufactured by Web-Cam, Inc.
Brock’s EX031 .348 lift/235 degree (at.050) hard weld Exhaust Cam manufactured by Web-Cam, Inc.
Stock O.E.M. Suzuki Head Gasket
Stock O.E.M. Suzuki Base Gasket
1 Set of APE Cam Sprockets
OR big block...
fully liquid cooled, 86mm offset bore block kit which includes 13:1 compression forged pistons, rings, pins, clips, and head gasket. The bores are precision plated with super tough nickel silicon carbide and yields 1464 cc with stock (63mm) stroke.

if you are street riding most of the time i wouldnt go over the 1397

Ape IMO is the best. They set me up with a 1507 and I still can't wipe the smile off my face.:thumbsup:

without spending a TON of cash...ie big bore or turbo, there are a couple small things you can do.

for one, if you want every hp available, ditch the moira exhaust and get something really light like an akro pipe. i assume you have the small box mod done and run an aftermarket filter (wont matter much over stock though), and a pc3. take out the front ram air grills and get some tube seals (you'd be surprised at speed). get a GOOD custom tune done.

and honestly there are 2 ways to approach getting faster. one is to add HP, the other is to lose weight. seriously. both yourself AND the bike. i think someone did the math at one time and i think for every 8lbs taken off of the bike or you it = 1hp.

if you are contemplating dropping the cash for a big bore kit though, then maybe you have the cash for a stage 1 turbo, which is the way i would go...

Back