big bore with turbo?

LeDauz

Registered
was woundering how well haveing a big bore(1397cc, 1441cc, 1507cc) and a turbo go together? and problems/concerns? or just genral knowlege/ideas?

Not recommended, with the big bore, you lose too much head gasket area! Ending up with blown head gaskets and over heating problems!

It's been done but not reccommended if you don't want to work on it every 3 months. 1363 is about as big as most guys go for a turbo and is what I'm running.

I believe Johnny Cheese did a large big bore and turbo setup.

Anything larger than 1397cc will compromise the available head gasket sealing area. . . that, and the fact that you can make over 600 RWHP with the stock bore and stock cams makes it not the preferred thing to do. If you have to, try to go no more than 1363cc . . .:rulez:

ok I found it on page 64 of the :rulez: no big bore and turbos

So whats the engine work they talk about on turbo sites(like rcc) where they say with some engine work you can get XX more hp/torque?

Met a guy once at the track. He said he had a 1720 stroker and I know the bike had a turbo. He wouldn't talk HP. Oh and he had a Georgia bike plate on it. :laugh:

Listen to these guys they know what they're talking about.

ok I found it on page 64 of the :rulez: no big bore and turbos

So whats the engine work they talk about on turbo sites(like rcc) where they say with some engine work you can get XX more hp/torque?

heavy duty parts, forged rods and pistons, head studs, spacer plate, adjustable cam sprocket, not overbore stuff

Back