Bore Or turbo? or BOTH!

GSXRme

Registered
ok the question remains. Is it safe to bore with a turbo?

TTS sells may kits to for the 99-06 hayabusa but there site is miss printed and kinda out of date "thanks webmaster"

After calling them and making shur the kits will fit my 05 Hayabusa, now im wonder what bore I want to pick.

1363cc Big Bore Kit
83mm Bore, 12.8:1 Compression Ratio
2mm Oversize Bore
Cylinders require bore and plate

1397cc Big Bore Kit
84mm Bore, 13:1 Compression Ratio
3mm Oversize Bore

1429cc Big Bore Kit
85mm Bore, 12.5:1 Compression Ratio
4mm Oversize Bore

1585cc Big Bore Kit
84mm Bore, 13.5:1 Compression Ratio
3mm Overbore Size
8.5mm Stroker Crank Required
Barrels require bore and hone

After seeing the 1585cc it looks very unstable.. and I don't feel like blowing my block apart. The 1429cc Big Bore Kit on the other hand has a lower Compression Ratio.

Aswell as How much RWHP will I gain off of just a Block Mod? Im also looking into putting a Yoshimura camshafts and Carillo rods.

Ideas anyone?

I've been told 'no.' Mainly b/c of compression issues (BB are usually high). But there are many peeps that have BB and Turbo and they've lowered their compression. go to sh.org and motorhead and crew will give you better insight.

BB alone will produce over 200+ RWHP.

depends on who builds the motor.

my stock motor turbo runs great!!!

tons of people including motorhead runs a 1397 turbo.

roboti runs a 1480 turbo!!!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

hanks "stock bore" busa made over 700 hp at the dynojet hp shootout so you make up your mind.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129771309 -->

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

I'd keep it stock bore and turbo it. You can get all the power you need out of the turbo with stock bore and plus it will last longer.

You can do it, it just depends how the motor is built in order to handle it.

But why would you want to? Just the basic Ghetto kit is plenty with the stock wheel base. You are going to have to spend big bucks on supporting parts if you plan on much over 300rwhp. Otherwise you will be fighting wheelies so bad, it won't be fun to race.

Why are you looking at TTS? They are based in UK so you will be paying more for the same parts you can get stateside.

I would call Dennis a.k.a....the MOTORHEAD on www.suzukihayabusa.org/ for more info on TURBO's. He is the man and actually is running a sale on his kits right now.

wink.gif

The most important question to me would be "What is going to be the purpose of this bike?" Then I would proceed to the next question.....

YOu don't need to bore it and then turbo it... You need to ask yourself, "what are you trying to accomplish?" If you are looking for HP, there is NO need to bore out anything, just make sure you buy enough boost...

Big bore kits are a project all within themselves without adding the turbo in the mix... If you have unlimited resources and are just looking to build for fun, that is one thing, but if you are trying to build with a budget and HP objective, I would again on that bore... YOu can stay stock bore and get 600+HP out of the engine, plus motorhead is blowing out his ultra kit for a steal of a price...

My 2 cents...

CLoud

ok, I see and understand.

Would it still be a good idea to install turbo Pistons?

1298cc Turbo Pistons
Stock Bore, 8:1 Compression Ratio

Or just Turbo the beast and forget the motor?

<marquee>Winter is here and I need a project </marquee>

1298cc Turbo Pistons

Now you need to ask yourself how much HP you are going to run... Stock pistons are good to 420 HP, so depending on what kind of HP you are trying to make, you may or may not want to do pistons...

I went for the 450HP scenario and decided to put all the cash I had into the engine so that if I wanted to go higher HP later, I could without splitting the cases again...

If you are just going to go with the regular ghetto kit, I wouldn't do the engine mods. I would only do what motorhead sends you. You may need that cash unexpectedly later... ;) If you want to build for higher HP applications later or have ANY intention of doing so later, I would invest the money in the engine now and that way your mods will be easier later...

Cloud

1298cc Turbo Pistons

Lowering the compression to 8:1 will require the block spacer as well as the pistons. Lowering compression allows you to run more boost... but in the same token, if you had your stock pistons with higher compression, it would get up a little bit earlier...

Running more boost is better...
biggrin.gif
If you run more boost, you are probably going to need the 5th injector scenario(upgrade full system) that motorhead offers which would NOT be included in that 3400 price...

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129842356 -->

From the Big bore side of the picture....
lets get the bad out of the way...
1. Can run rather warm at times!
2. When its hot out and the bike is warm... Starting her can be a (rhymes with ditch).
3. High compression means Higher fuel cost! Can't run the low octane stuff without worrying..
4. Depending on what you want the bike to do will depend on how much it will cost. Should be around the same numbers as a turbo...
On the positive side...
1. very dependable (starting issue can be resolved with a dual battery set-up)
2. HP and Torque are there baby no lag! Though not as radical as the turbo..
3. Easier to work on... Just a bigger Busa motor. Sorry turbo guys/gals. But, I know there is a learning curve with these....
blush.gif

4. SLEEPER...

My goal is 400HP, But all the kits I see are 310HP.

Can someone drop me a Link to a Turbo package pushing 400HP? I found Velocity Racing Stage 2 with Custom dual ball bearing turbo.

If im reading correctly im going to spend $6400-$7200 for a Turbo kit to make 400HP
rock.gif

and I have to install !!!

go talk to dennis

suzukihayabusa.org

he has kits that will make anywhere from 250-600 hp.

with 400 hp you will need a spacer, more fuel whether that be s2000 injectors, 5th injector mod, or a fuel rail with 4 more injectors, and the most important RODS.

stock rods are good for around 320-350hp.

My goal is 400HP, But all the kits I see are 310HP.

Can someone drop me a Link to a Turbo package pushing 400HP? I found Velocity Racing Stage 2 with Custom dual ball bearing turbo.

If im reading correctly im going to spend $6400-$7200 for a Turbo kit to make 400HP  
rock.gif

and I have to install !!!
Make sure it's something you wanna do. Stage 2 will take quite a bit of work and tuning. You'll wanna do some engine work too but as fstbusa said, RODS!!! go to sh.org and talk to dennis or kevin at http://www.totalkaosperformance.com

Kevin sells all of the Velocity kits

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129862917 -->

Back