Big Bore

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
Ok  
hello.gif
 all you BIG BORE Guys  
muscle.gif
! In Super Street Bike this month, they say that with a Muzzy Big Bore Kit (making it 1530cc), it will turn the ZX 14 into a 240 hp bike.

My yearning question is: IS THAT POSSIBLE in street trim  
dunno.gif
? Would there be a heating problem
firedevil.gif
. Because for $1,699.95, that sounds like a sweet deal
goodboy.gif
! So, if it's true
winkold.gif
, what does a simular BUSA BIG BORE come out to, since it sounds like a lot better deal than going TURBO
whistling.gif
 !!!

I'm sure that it isn't 240 at the wheel. At any rate, that is a huge hp/dollar ratio, thought.

The frame will probably still crack, though.

Jumping that much in CC's is going to make those cylinder walls very weak. I can't see the engine lasting very long, also 1700 bucks sound way to cheap. Quality engine parts plus labors would be more than double that.

That's one reason i was gonna buy an 03'ZX12 back when i was all Kawi. 210HP with a Muzzy bigbore and accessories.

that rating has to be to the crank and not to the wheel, have the same issue that I just got done reading on lunch and saw the same thing. No way they can get that much power out of a bigger bore like that without messing with the head,valves,cams,timing,fuel,etc!!!! Gotta love that magazine though especially for the sweet,sweet bikes and the even sweeter girls!!!!!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

that rating has to be to the crank and not to the wheel, have the same issue that I just got done reading on lunch and saw the same thing. No way they can get that much power out of a bigger bore like that without messing with the head,valves,cams,timing,fuel,etc!!!! Gotta love that magazine though especially for the sweet,sweet bikes and the even sweeter girls!!!!!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
The HP was at the R/W ... It takes a few more parts than just a crank and pistons to get that number ..

Parts list and dyno sheet from Muzzys >>>

http://www.muzzys.com/ZX14/ZX14_1530/index.html

beerchug.gif

must have been std and not sae measurement at the wheel using race gas and leaning things out. I can't imagine that setup being trully street reliable with that much hp.

Better off with the billet block instead of milling out a stocker. If you want some more reliability.

The 08 busa makes more than that with 3mm over pistons, head work, and cams. There is 4 different shops on psychobike (Spaz, Carpenter, KWS, Lee's) that have gotten over 240hp without any stroke at all.  I can tell you one thing you never want stroke on a street bike they just don't last.

there's nothing to be afraid of with stroke. My +8.5 stroke has lived on the street and LSR events for over 3 years without any issues. Like anything, if it's done right it'll work.

Jumping that much in CC's is going to make those cylinder walls very weak.  I can't see the engine lasting very long, also 1700 bucks sound way to cheap.  Quality engine parts plus labors would be more than double that.
+1 the rods alone will be 725.00 carillo
good pistons 500.00
thats just a start

just saw that its a stroker too. IMHO that probably aint far off 240hp but thats tooo cheap

thats a welded up crank. iv heard those need maintenence about every 3-4000k mi.

and underneith the crank shows a list of other components used during the dyno and their prices

Back