gun suggestions

I like the full size glock 21, which was my first handgun! Love that ugly thing. I also have an xd45 too. I am also a fan of wheel guns. Love how sweet they shoot on Single action. I have an old 5 screw S&W .38 special, a stubby .357 Rossi, and a 1955 Hi standard .22 target master. I also have a mini 14 too.

Since we are talking a bout guns here..... I am looking at buying an AR15. Any thing you would recommend, Brand model number, etc!!!!!

See Professor's post above...he has one for sale :thumbsup:

If you love shotguns then you will have a place in your heart for the grandfather of modern day assault shotgun: The High Standard Model 10

60.jpg

Ouch! more then just holes in a wall!!! Wall removal!!!!:whistle::beerchug::thumbsup::cheerleader:

quite the weapon, no doubt about it. The part that sucks is that it is a class 3 weapon. :banghead: also I quoted that wrong, it's a 12round drum mag, I was going from memory and for some reason remembered them being 25rd, my bad!

Last edited:
home protection shotgun? Here's the king of them all, street sweeper with 25rd drum mag :whistle:

Is that ruled a DD or AOW now?

on edit...

Just checked Street Sweeper = Destructive Device

Last edited:
Is that ruled a DD or AOW now?

on edit...

Just checked Street Sweeper = Destructive Device

I remember back before they were labeled DD and one could buy them. I never owned one but knew a guy that did. Very crude construction but very effective.

I remember back before they were labeled DD and one could buy them. I never owned one but knew a guy that did. Very crude construction but very effective.

They ruled them a DD in 1994 and there was an amnesty period where you could get it NFA Registered free.

This one is the one that makes me laugh, they ruled it a NFA weapon in about 96-97. The north american arms 22 revolver fits in it.

walletholster.jpg

home protection shotgun? Here's the king of them all, street sweeper with 25rd drum mag :whistle:
that would make a great home protection weapon but they are illegal in Texas. Any weapon with a short arc movement is what you need in the house. I like the Glock 45 with prefragmented tungeston rounds. The wound channel is huge; it will just about take a mans head off.

There's a lot of hyperbole here, "Short Arc?" "Tungeston Rounds?" WTF?

Too many video games me thinks...

Most of what's been posted is pretty reasonable though SD1300... It's best to choose what works for you, what really fits your needs.

Don't immediately buy into the $2000 antique 1911 NRA fantasy, but at the same time shooting Tupperware can be a bit of a let down.

Find a range near you that rents firearms and shoot a bunch of different guns.

I love .357 and .45ACP both. I just bought that XD45 and it shoots well. :thumbsup:

So take everything said with a grain of salt, and focus on what works for you. Firearm owners are often like Busa Owners, so convinced that they have all the answers, that they have it all figured out they tend to just plow ahead knowing that they are "experts"... :laugh:

Wow, great commentary. I appreciate it and will let you all nkow what I end up with . BTW, I've been shooting since the 60's so I'm no virgin. Actually, the old Uncle had me shooting "out of state" for a while in the 60's.

I've made a list of all of the recommendations and Sig leads with Glock a close second. And 9mm, 10mm, .40, or .45 are all in the mix. Good points on the cost of practice ammo though. Frankly I don't care about the cost... just want knockdown power. At present I shoot at least once a month and use 357 in the S&W 357 and 38's in that old stainless cop gun.

I'd start another string about what these ought to cost but as it was stated I'm in Commieformia and the cost of pieces out here are going to be high anyway.

I noticed something interesting with the comments... there were a lot of very informed comments from you guy in IL... interesting.

I did stop in a gun shop today and looking at the guns they had in the cabinet (basic Sig, Glock, CZ's etc - avg prices seemed to be at $600 - $800.

Thanks for all your comments, I'll report back.

Mark

Back