gun suggestions

Like Rev said...find a place that rents and shoot them all if ya can :thumbsup:

But buy a Glock 21 .45ACP :whistle:

If ya only need one for the home, can't go wrong with a 12 gauge.

As far as pistol. Find one that fits YOUR hand and shoot it often.

Chris

Like Rev said...find a place that rents and shoot them all if ya can :thumbsup:

+1. Some places that rent guns will also sell guns so it's in their interest to help you find a good one that fits you and your needs, then sell it to you. Definitely worth the effort.

But buy a Glock 21 .45ACP :whistle:

Nah. Get a Sig P220 or a Ruger P90. :poke: :laugh:

I noticed something interesting with the comments... there were a lot of very informed comments from you guy in IL... interesting.

These guys probably started doing their homework a lot sooner than the rest of us! :D

--Wag--

Last edited:
A glock 21 is a nice pistol if you have large hands! I have both. An Xd 45 holds better in smaller hands. You cant go wrong with a 12 gauge either. Also shooting them often is the ticket to being a better shot! Go to a gun shop and try everything in hand. Then if you can rent the one that fits before you buy would be better!

Make sure you find a local FFL dealer that is willing to do transfers. That will open up an entirely new world for you to purchase. Generally you will find dealers that will do the transfer for $15-$25 and if you buy out of state you can save tax. It will basically allow you to go direct to the distributors and buy cheaper.

I was able to get my HK P30L for $805 shipped and transferred. Everyone local wants $1000-$1100+tax.

Worth looking into.

I have a Ruger p-89 and love it. Some hate the trigger pull....AR-15...Bushmaster...again, love mine.

tungsten pre fragmentated what?
Anyway HAs any of you ever seen the Box-o-truth website? ( boxotruth.com )
its all about ammo penetration/ shooting misconceptions. I would recommend checking it out.
oh and for the record. The super 90 is nice, but I still loves me my Benelli 121m1

DSC_7479.jpg

I have a Ruger P89DC, Springfield 1911, and a Beretta 25cal. (Mother gave it to me, 1954 date on it). I'm getting the Glock 27 as my CC. But I do like the S&W 40.

Back