rifle suggestions

too bad your price range is so low, you can find an AR variant in a .270, .243, 6.8mm, etc. i'm gonna take my .223 deer hunting this year, see how we do. a .270 short mag in a bolt action would be good for anything. well, slight overkill for varmints, but great for everything els.

great advice everyone. thanks. 2marrow is a big day. His first at the gun range. I am takin him 2 an outdoor gun range near yukon, oklahoma. We are taking my .30 06 and my friends .270. Another friend may show up with more but i am not counting on it. I am gonna have him put ear plugs as well as earmuffs. and i have not really mentioned the power of my rifle 2 him or the kick. everygun kicks a little. 2day I took him 2 the gym with me and found out he is only 5 pounds lighter than i am so he'll be fine. I showed him about safety and how 2 hold it and let him dry fire it. I'll coach him thru it and i think it'll work out well. I'll post pics monday
thanks again
michael

First rule.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch. Everything else is easy.

Just make sure he tucks the stock in tight, just a bit tighter than he needs to be able to remove his rear hand and the rifle stay there with just his front hand. That's my rule of thumb.

save up a lil more and buy a BAR. they hold their value just as any other browning and are available in any popular caliber long or short action...

other than that id recomend looking around for a good used synthetic 700 and put a decent scope on it and call it good.

Trust me, ammo isn't forgotten, and it's out there, you're just going to have to pay for it.

Now reloading supplies, that's a different story. That's really hard to find, I'll bet I have 3-4K .223 brass cleaned and ready once I finally have supplies.

have you checked Bass pro shops online store they carry a ton of reloading stuff.

Actually I haven't bothered checking in a couple of months, just what my friends tell me. I've had other things on my mind, especially the last couple of weeks.

Back