GregBob's new adventure!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Yesterday was GregBob's second day of wheelie school. Actually it was his second day but only about an hour each day and the results are impressive. He had never intentionally lifted the front tire before now and as you can see, he is catching on!

Pictures with my little camera aren't great but afterall, it's only for your entertainment value :beerchug:

I think GregBob is addicted :whistle:

03-26-09042.jpg

03-26-09027.jpg

03-26-09036.jpg

Looks like he's got it. I'm sceerd it will flip right on over.

The fear of looping it haunts every beginner. It takes much more throttle to get the front off the ground than it does to keep it up. Throttle management is the key. Learning proper technique from the beginning is a huge step in the learning curve. To become efficient takes commitment along with lots and lots of practice!

WARNING: Wheelies are extremly addictive! :beerchug:

Steven, was he just powering it up, or did you already teaching him the ol slip of the clutch?

He was just powering it up but I think he is ready to work on the clutch. Next time out we'll give the clutchup a try.

He is doing pretty damn good for his second day, don't you think?

He was just powering it up but I think he is ready to work on the clutch. Next time out we'll give the clutchup a try.

He is doing pretty damn good for his second day, don't you think?

Be very careful if three or four guys show up for your session. :laugh:

The fear of looping it haunts every beginner. It takes much more throttle to get the front off the ground than it does to keep it up. Throttle management is the key. Learning proper technique from the beginning is a huge step in the learning curve. To become efficient takes commitment along with lots and lots of practice!

WARNING: Wheelies are extremly addictive! :beerchug:
Back in my younger days i was pretty good with my enduro kawasaki until the trottle stuck one day at my pivot point. Well the back brake never entered my mind. I ended up alright but the bike took a real beating. Lost some of my nerve that day. I'm sure i'll have to try it some day but maybe just a little power wheelie.:thumbsup:

If you want to see something really impressive, watch Tuf do one of his patented clutch wheelies. He goes from 4 mph to over 100 on one wheel, shifting gears, so fast I have to really get on it to keep up. He could ride at over 100 on one wheel almost indefinately. When the bike touches down there's this cool puff of smoke off the front tire like when a jet comes in for a landing...just like a jet coming in for a landing.

someone has to say it

Yut Ughhhhhhhhhhhh

But man that looks like fun. I like to do the occasional 0 - 60 on one wheel

If you want to see something really impressive, watch Tuf do one of his patented clutch wheelies. He goes from 4 mph to over 100 on one wheel, shifting gears, so fast I have to really get on it to keep up. He could ride at over 100 on one wheel almost indefinately. When the bike touches down there's this cool puff of smoke off the front tire like when a jet comes in for a landing...just like a jet coming in for a landing.

That's why he's called Tufbusa :beerchug:

Back