Got pulled over for the first time

BusaBoyBatman

Registered
What's up yall first,(this being my first topic)Thanks for the welcome,tips and tricks.and anything else I want to know about the 'Busa......So I was crusin' down 290 from the westside headed to downtown Chicago with 5 guys 3 pills(one was my girl on the back) I look on the side of the road and see a Honda Erion and some other sportsbike parked on the side of the highway and the cops were lookin for them up the hill.......I guess they ran and decided to ditch the bikes!?!We go past at around 80mph,next thing I know 3 minutes later he lights up my boy...1 bike behind me.... so I think about hittin it and I had to of my guys in front.But I just pulled over with them.This cop was pissed.after cussin at me for 2 minutes,he ripped my license out of my hands and asked one of the guys I was riding with for i.d.He then came back and said "The only reason YOUR gettin' off tonight is because of HIM!!"Man it pays to ride WITH the LAW.Now he didnt clock me and I told him I was going 55mph, can he still give me a ticket and for what ,he said he thought I was going 85mph.I ride with clean insurance,plates,city sticker........after 3 years of riding got my M class endorsment a month ago.So they cant tag me.
One final question...............Can you own the world's fastest stock streetbike and not break the law hourly?
rock.gif
!?!?

I got caught the other day doing about 110
devil.gif

...lucky for me I know couple of top guys in the police department, one call and I was let of without a ticket! Lucky me
devil.gif

devil.gif

First of all Busa are like Red cars you stand out when a cop see's ya, personally doing 80 plus in an area you know may have cops is just asking for it. Take it easy bro and doing your high speeds in places your less likely to get caught. I know all my interstates and roads here in Knoxville, I know where I can crack 200 mph and places to keep my speed as posted. Wisdom is given so use it well.....Im not criticising you, just my thoughts, you can listen or let it go out the other ear, take care....
cool.gif

I think i would have had more problems with the getting cussed/ripping the license from my hand more than the ticket..

I don't care if I'm dragging his wifes pet cat behind me at 190mph.. he works for me.. I expect a little civility assuming I'm not being a #### anyway..

If I cop an attitude I would full expect it to be returned.. but if i'm all yes sir and whatnot.. he better be all mr. ego and whatnot..

when i am driving i live by the motto
"cop didnt see it , i didnt do it"

lately i have been good , i have only been doubling the speed limit every chance i get and trying to only triple it once or twice a day
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119928583 -->

Haven't run into much trouble in Chicago yet. We should try and setup a ride with some people in this area.

Yeah if he didn't clock you then he has no proof especially if you saw several bikes ditched earlier. If he did give you a ticket, you would have been able to beat it, all depends on the judge if you went that far. Good thing you were riding with the law on your side:D

Haven't run into much trouble in Chicago yet.  We should try and setup a ride with some people in this area.
I live in Streamwood just outside of Chi-town boyz. Whenever you want to get cruisin, shoot me a line. I ride with 7 guys and 3 of them have R1's, 2 have Giggy 1,000's. Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg is a big gathering place for all sportriders in the summer season. Just FYI.

I take I-290 into the city always, and you should know most people in Chicago's interstates do 80mph on average, so that's not a big deal. It was a big change coming home from Washington state where everyone obeys the law to the crazy road ways of Chi-town again. What a wake up call......

Where are you 2 at more specifically? PM me if you guys want to hook up ever.

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119941226 -->

I don't care if I'm dragging his wifes pet cat behind me at 190mph.. he works for me..  I expect a little civility assuming I'm not being a #### anyway..

If I cop an attitude I would full expect it to be returned.. but if i'm all yes sir and whatnot.. he better be all mr. ego and whatnot..
Good luck with that. Please be sure and let us know how your dictating the cop's attitude works for you. I don't know about where you live, but where I grew up they had a quick remedy for people they deemed less than co-operative, regardless of what type of attitude they gave you. It's called flashlight therapy. Think 5 D-cell Maglite.........

id the speed limit.... once on the way to way over it... and once on the way dwn from way over it. its a #####.. we should be granted special passes or something. I told a cop buddy once" dont be too hard on the guys , you have no idea how effortless it is to speed on these things". sj

First of all Busa are like Red cars you stand out when a cop see's ya, personally doing 80 plus in an area you know may have cops is just asking for it. Take it easy bro and doing your high speeds in places your less likely to get caught. I know all my interstates and roads here in Knoxville, I know where I can crack 200 mph and places to keep my speed as posted. Wisdom is given so use it well.....Im not criticising you, just my thoughts, you can listen or let it go out the other ear, take care....
cool.gif
80mph is pretty common for cars and bikes on 290 in Chicago, particularly between the west side and down town.

The cop can give you a ticket if he hasn't clocked you. He can say he paced you, but it isn't nearly as strong in court, that is why even if they say they got you with radar, you should always ask to see the speed on his machine. And if Chicago is still the way it used to be, you would stand a good chance of getting it thrown out just by showing up to court.

<!--EDIT|Thinker62
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119947643 -->

I think the court scene is the same,but the bike scene and cops here?? Sure theres always gonna be cool cops.My buddy got pulled over on his 1000rr Repsol(sweet bike)just so the cop could "check it out" and ask him about it.With all the bad press the sportbike community has gotten in the past 3 years cops are less tolerant.People crash,chicks on the back with no lids.The cop I dealt with was pissed that I had a pill on the back going at that "super high rate of speed"
tounge.gif
Yes she was wearing a FF.But there are soooo many new season riders who buy a GSXR1000 as a first bike and dont know what a corner is
thumbs-up.gif
There are soooo many dumbasses who pass you in your lane,wheelie in your group and flat out have no respect for the bike,themself,and most importantly YOU (and other riders on the road)So be careful Chicago and riders everywhere...

I try to ride with law enforcement all the time. The thing is they ride faster than I do....
laugh.gif

Thats why I never leave home without my wallet. Because in it is my identification as a Sheriff's Deputy and also a badge. Is that fair, Hell No, but your not going to hear me complaining about it.

A few weeks ago I was going east on 88 by dekalb and I was doing about 115mph when the state tropper clocked me he turned in the mediam.I can tell you this they don't have a chance when you take off that is why they have no chase

Back