Got pulled over last night

AMong

Registered
We were riding last night through a small town that we always pass through. It was about midnight and we were cruising through , obeying all the law, we passed a gas station that two patrol cars were sitting at, I saw them eyeing us and sure enough they pulled out and put their lights on. So im thinking to my self, what did I do now ... Then I see the one directly behind us , got on his radio , and within about a minute 3 more patrol cars pulled up behind them. So I got off my bike Thinking I was going to jail or sumthin. The cop in the first car gets out and says " Dude, Sorry , but we just had to get a look at your bike" !!! As I wiped the sweat from my brow , I continued to show all 5 officers the bike, We ended up talking about motorcyles ( which 3 of them owned one ) for about 30 min. about riding deals gap, and how some cops harrass bikers ... They turned out to be really cool guys , but it was a heart pounding experience for the first couple minutes. The small town doesnt get much traffic at all , let alone some custom bikes rolling through in the middle of the night. This ever happend to any of you guys?
alien.gif

I know a lot of cool officers. Our local motor patrol guys are cool. I sat and BS'd with the 2 local WSP bike officers for 45 mins or so about my bike.

Law enforcement is like anything else. There are good, and there are bad.

glad you had a good experience.

My friend was going to a car show in his bagged truck, and out of 10 custom cars and trucks, most bagged, he got pulled, turned out the cop just wanted a picture of the truck and how low it was. You gotta love a minitruckin cop!

Okay, Once I may have abused my powers as a LEO. BUT they were already stopped.
I tried to jokingly comandeer (sp.? Is phantom here?)a 2001 busa once. The guy who owned the brand new ZX was PO'd cause I walked right by him and to the Busa...
tounge.gif
Told him I wanted something...faster
wink.gif

Man your lucky.... I got pulled over Tuesday evening..... 74 mph in a 65 mph zone "freeway"... and really hadn't been speeding but it was just getting dark about ten minutes to eight and only sped up because I seen a fast moving viehicle coming off the entance ramp and couldn't move over into the left lane and was worried about getting swiped by some azzhole in a car entering onto the freeway... turns out its a cop..... yea.. he gave me a ticket... punk azz b*tch.....  
mad.gif

oh well live and learn and plan on taking a Driver Defence Course.... and no I didn't thank his azz either.......................

Rollin home with the Busa in the back of the truck, stop at a very small town in Texas while there is a parade going on.  Cop takes a look at me from about two blocks up and starts walking.  I roll down the window in time to hear "You need to unload the Busa out of the truck." (Yes he actually said Busa).

"Huh" was about all I could get out as he walks up to the door of the truck.

"Too many loud ass harleys in this thing, would be nice to see a real bike rollin through." he says to my complete astonishment.

He then says, "Nice why you not riding?"

"Just bought it"

"Looks good, take care of it." and then gives me directions to get around the parade.

<!--EDIT|Hard On Parts
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127692907 -->

What bike do you ride? I know you wanted to buy a Busa...but I'm assuming you haven't yet...
No I havent got the busa yet , Still waiting to see what's up with the '06. Ive got a '03 Texas Chopper , that Ive done a good amout of trick stuff to ( bike I was on last night) and an '01 road king. And my pops has got a real nice road king as well.

Town was a semi - developed area between green cove and starke.

If a cop pulled me over to talk about my bike, I would ask him to whip out the radar gun so we could do some speed trials! Good luck with the Busa....hope it works out for you soon.

It's a shame that most of us seem to crap ourselves when pulled over, even when we know we havnt done anything wrong.

Says a lot for the police
laugh.gif

Yes, I do have a similiar story from this year.
I was riding South down Interstate 91 out of Northern, VT to Ct.
I was sort of running late to a family function down there, so I had been cruising at about the 120-140 range for the last 60 or so miles.
I pull off in Brattleboro to refuel and I am loading the tank when I see a Sheriff go buy in his SUV.
There are two guys in the car and they point at me and do a 180 in the road.
There is a rotary they have to go around to get back into the gas station, so I can eyeball them the whole time.
So of course I am thinking crap some mother with a cell phone has called me in to the cops.
Then of course they pull in and pull right across the front of me and the bike and my palms start sweating, hearts racing,and just general paranoia creeps thru you.
They both come up and ask me " Is that the 05 Hayabusa ?"
I am like yes it is,I've had it for a couple of weeks now. Why?
So the lead guy who was driving says he is thinking about upgrading his old gsx 1100 for one and knew it was an 05 from the clear lenses and plain S on the tank.
Relief from the paranoia is instantanious and I chatted them up on how much I love my busa and that it's the best of the best.
Two real nice guys that I was glad to talk too and meet.
Sort of forgot about it till seeing this post.

Back