Got passed by a squid today

hypocrisy

n 1: an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction [syn: lip service] 2: insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have

Where to start.....

I'm in the right side of the HOV lane and I slow to about 70 in case it's a cop. *****He passes me in the left side of my lane going at least 100.

i was in the HOV doing a good 90 (speed limit 65)****passed the SOB in a matter of secs at 150'ish

It's funny, how if you don't personally know the person, they are a squid.  We all know that if they aren't on a busa, of course they don't know how to ride??? javascript: InstaSmilie()
javascript: InstaSmilie()  You realize that on another board, people are talking about you in just the same manner.  "I was out with my girlfriend going on a picnic, when this jackass on some Suzuki flys by me doing at least 100, trying to show off."

I bought a bike for fun, to ride, enjoy, take my kid to school, occasionally do 180, etc.  I have about 1/8" of chicken marks left on my back tire, and I'm out to just ride, and enjoy myself.  I'm not trying to impress anyone who happens to be on another bike.  Even if that happens to mean I pass them on the way.  Not everybody is out to impress you, so you can turn around and call them a squid.

But, what do I know, I only have like 2 posts, I must be a squid.

I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.javascript: InstaSmilie()
javascript: InstaSmilie()

smile.gif
welcome to the forum, well said..I agree 100%.

I've always thought of a squid is a guy on a sport bike normally with a absense of riding adequete riding gear riding with a higher degree of recklessness.

I never ride without my Aerostich suit or leathers and wouldn't even think of passing someone in their own lane at triple digit speeds. That doesn't mean I don't speed, but I pick a more appropriate place and time.

What's more I didn't decide to chase this squid through rush hour traffic to prove I was a bigger squid.

Yes, I don't know the guy personally but he looked like a squid to me.

Deano-

Funny chit!

Any of you ever just enjoy the speed and acceleration of your bike? Wizzin past traffic just havin fun? I have, many times, over a billion wheelies served. :lol:

You're the king if you do it and they are stupid if they do. ha

Myself and a friend probably had the cops called on us every weekend for the high speed riding we do. We've blasted by cops more than once, there headlights come up and the lights go on, then they go off and don't bother.
smile.gif

If I just wanted to putt around I would't have bought a Hayabusa.

flame away...
tounge.gif

Time and place are important but sometimes I just can't help it and love to thread the needle really really fast. Being that I ride in the surroundings of Sarajevo on the Busa I allow myself a larger envelope for speed and outlaw type of behavior.
Around here riding without Helmets Jackets and gloves is very common but I never mess around in that situation. Don't do it often either.
You'd be surprised at the amount of Squids around here with their (male) friend on the back wearing shorts and not even eye protection wanting a race.
Not sure really how I would honestly be defined, many of the guys around here beg me to slow down but they are usually the ones on cruisers.
I really don't try to pass people in their own lanes and only occasionally approach, parallel and glide by them.

It is best to leave squids alone since they are more likely to ride over their heads and cause damage to their surroundings. Good choice issy_busa!!

Just let them go around. No need to get your bowels in an uproar. If you're gonna get pissed everytime someone flies by you, maybe TV would be more relaxing.

hypocrisy

n 1: an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction [syn: lip service] 2: insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have

Where to start.....

I'm in the right side of the HOV lane and I slow to about 70 in case it's a cop. *****He passes me in the left side of my lane going at least 100.

i was in the HOV doing a good 90 (speed limit 65)****passed the SOB in a matter of secs at 150'ish

It's funny, how if you don't personally know the person, they are a squid.  We all know that if they aren't on a busa, of course they don't know how to ride??? javascript: InstaSmilie()
javascript: InstaSmilie()  You realize that on another board, people are talking about you in just the same manner.  "I was out with my girlfriend going on a picnic, when this jackass on some Suzuki flys by me doing at least 100, trying to show off."

I bought a bike for fun, to ride, enjoy, take my kid to school, occasionally do 180, etc.  I have about 1/8" of chicken marks left on my back tire, and I'm out to just ride, and enjoy myself.  I'm not trying to impress anyone who happens to be on another bike.  Even if that happens to mean I pass them on the way.  Not everybody is out to impress you, so you can turn around and call them a squid.

But, what do I know, I only have like 2 posts, I must be a squid.

I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.javascript: InstaSmilie()
javascript: InstaSmilie()

Hypocrisy-I totally agree. Most of the time I have all the STUFF on..but sometimes it's a short jaunt around to enjoy the freedom of it all. I even recently stopped the bible banging scene because of all the hypocrisy. Because you're afraid to ride without gear doesn't mean everyone is. It's thier life-leave them alone.

Because you're afraid to ride without gear doesn't mean everyone is. It's thier life-leave them alone.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn right I'm "afraid." I'm "afraid" some dumbass on a bike that's too much for him, that has little to no experience or LOTS of experience riding like a dumbass, will cause an accident involving me. Also, I'm afraid some dumbass talking on his or her cell phone while paying attention to everything BUT the road, will cause an accident involving me. I'm also "afraid" that a fuggin dog or deer or around here a fuggin cow will wander into the road. So I wear my gear to avoid the pain of road rash, hoping that my kevlar might be just that little bit that'll save me a break in one of my joint areas, and that my lid will be just enough to allow me to make it through without a serious head injury.

Now the argument comes, "Well, what the fuc$. If you're in an accident you're gonna get busted up anyway." And I say, "Well, yeah, but maybe not as bad."

So, anyway, read the accidents section here unless you're just trolling. I try not to give a sh!t if someone wears gear or not. It's not me on the bike, I suppose. Very rarely I hop on my bike with only my lid to run here and there and do this and that. But NEVER, NEVER in a million fuggin years would I ride aggressively without my gear on. Not like I see some dumbasses doing. Courageous does not exactly mean "bold." Bold, at least in my opionon, is something entirely different and usually goes along with "inexperience" and "low congnitive functioning." So, yep...some guys might not be "afraid." They might have a whole lotta balls, but, still: They're fuggin stupid.

So, RIP boys. Yeah, it's their life. Or was, anyway.

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127621279 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Funny chit!

Any of you ever just enjoy the speed and acceleration of your bike? Wizzin past traffic just havin fun? I have, many times, over a billion wheelies served. :lol:

You're the king if you do it and they are stupid if they do. ha

Myself and a friend probably had the cops called on us every weekend for the high speed riding we do. We've blasted by cops more than once, there headlights come up and the lights go on, then they go off and don't bother.
smile.gif

If I just wanted to putt around I would't have bought a Hayabusa.

flame away...
tounge.gif
yes, but we usually have some sort of protective riding gear.

Because you're afraid to ride without gear doesn't mean everyone is. It's thier life-leave them alone.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn right I'm "afraid." I'm "afraid" some dumbass on a bike that's too much for him, that has little to no experience or LOTS of experience riding like a dumbass, will cause an accident involving me. Also, I'm afraid some dumbass talking on his or her cell phone while paying attention to everything BUT the road, will cause an accident involving me. I'm also "afraid" that a fuggin dog or deer or around here a fuggin cow will wander into the road. So I wear my gear to avoid the pain of road rash, hoping that my kevlar might be just that little bit that'll save me a break in one of my joint areas, and that my lid will be just enough to allow me to make it through without a serious head injury.

Now the argument comes, "Well, what the fuc$. If you're in an accident you're gonna get busted up anyway." And I say, "Well, yeah, but maybe not as bad."

So, anyway, read the accidents section here unless you're just trolling. I try not to give a sh!t if someone wears gear or not. It's not me on the bike, I suppose. Very rarely I hop on my bike with only my lid to run here and there and do this and that. But NEVER, NEVER in a million fuggin years would I ride aggressively without my gear on. Not like I see some dumbasses doing. Courageous does not exactly mean "bold." Bold, at least in my opionon, is something entirely different and usually goes along with "inexperience" and "low congnitive functioning." So, yep...some guys might not be "afraid." They might have a whole lotta balls, but, still: They're fuggin stupid.

+1, well said.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just rollin thru this thread and BAM! Here it is.

The start of this thread mentioned an individual of questionable intelligence haulin a$$ on an interstate full of folk..without proper gear.

ie; organ donor.
ie; <span style='color:red'>squid.</span>

Yea, we all have, (at some point in time) given in to the urge to twist it hard in areas that were not the proper place...those of us that did that without gear WERE SQUIDS.
sorry, but that is fact. I've done it. It has been a long time..but I've done it. Yea, I've been a squid. So have you.

Everytime we do triple digit speeds in traffic, we perpetuate the "sportbikers are bad" stereotype. I know that riding what we do requires a lot of self discipline...but realize the consequenses when we allow our common sense to be overrun by adrenaline.

You do NOT pass another vehicle in the same lane. It is dangerous to you and to them. It is just plain stupid.

Lot-o-fun r..I love to blast past traffic...I am adicted to the accel and speed of my ride...BUT: as I get older, I tend to think about my actions prior to "acting"... I leave the big speed to the less traveled areas.

Do I always wear my gear? 99% of the time. That one % I am constantly thinking what I'll look like if I fell. So I ride mellow.

Don't know how many of you have been down. I have. 4 times. I can tell you with out a doubt...that without gear, I would not be enjoying myself on H.org right now. I'd be messed up. I have the helmets to prove it. I have the old leathers to prove it. <span style='color:red'>WEAR YOUR DAM GEAR!</span>
When you are young, you are invincible. Or so you think.

News flash; You are not.

A squid is a squid. Wether it is some dumba$$ in a wifebeater and shorts, or if it is you.

Every time we ride, we are ambassadors for our sport.

<span style='color:red'>Never forget that.</span>

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself!! That's why there are track dayz to test the limits. There are drag strips and there are places like El Mirage, Bonneville and Maxton. You guys that like to do triple digits in traffic, try doing a track day. You'll be amazed at how much fun you'll have, how little you really know about yourself and your motorcycle, how much you'll learn and how inexpensive it really is. When I mean track day, it doesn't confine it to the roadcourse. There are drag strips and dry lake beds w/sanctioning bodies running it. The streets are for commuting. Getting from point A to point B and hopefully back again. Not FOR RACING and being a Squid!!

Hallelujah!  Ditto!  Yes!

All of us need to show some maturity while riding.  We can still "have fun" but in a way that doesn't hurt *all of us*.  Keep up the silliness, and the non-sportbike riding lawmakers will fix "the problem".

None of us want that.

Wha.... I'm sorry, I usually don't break on people here, but... what are you, 12? ? ? This is about the stupidest thing I have EVER read on this message board. Ever. Period! Only one higher in the list is: "I swerve in front of speeding cyclists on purpose". While we're at it, lets abolish that silly seatbelt law.... and heck, get rid of all police departments as well. Cuz we're hooligan bikers and don't need NO STEENKIN RULES! BORN TO BE WILD BABY! ooops... back to my white collar accounting job working for the man now.

That statement saddens me. But, alas, "Millennials" were doomed right out of the womb anyway.

And, NO, I DON'T speed through traffic like an idiot. I take it to the track where it is more fun. I'd take hypocrites over idiots anyday - at least they KNOW boths sides

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142343272 -->

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am active duty Navy so I really am a "Squid" so I am offended by the loose use of the term.
ices_rofl.gif

JK, wise choice to let them go for the most part.

Peace

Don

I'm an ambassador? woo hoo! j/k (that was funny.)

...sorry to say - I've squided myself on occasion... I'm sorry. (I did have the gear on though... does that count?)

I did beat the goofs trying to spank my busa though... no no no... that was not going to happen. but I did it... I responded to the squid call of the wild and let the adreneline flow... (pant) boy! - it was fun - stupid - but fun.

A year later - I'm more careful now... really. no ... really.

tounge.gif

Testosterone and Horsepower are strange bedfellows sometimes. I have to throw my squid story in here. I was riding with some buddies one time and we are getting on the freeway and out of nowhere comes this idiot on a Ninja 600 (Phantom 6 perhaps?) and passes us on the shoulder. I of course went after him and went smoking by at about a buck thirty when I look in my mirror and see him in this huge lurid slide through the gravel on the roadside and heading right out onto the freeway into traffic. He didn't die luckily but that was about the last time I went out and spanked a squid becuase you never know what skill-set they may possess and they could just as easily take you or someone else out.

Back