Got my Tobin seats...

Looks Great BT!

I haven't ordered mine yet, momma says that I should use the $250 for my chain. (Which is backordered till Jan!)

(She is quitting her good job & going back to school (2-1/2 years) to become a teacher so dinero will be sparse)

Your comment on the slightly less comphy feel gives me pause.

Please post after a ride and report on how the feel then.

BTW - excellent on the classy stiching choice!

Looks great BT! They look very comfy...and I love the stitching...
Glad you got the seats on...now, on to the custom paint job! I can't wait to see it!
biggrin.gif

Looks Great BT!

I haven't ordered mine yet, momma says that I should use the $250 for my chain. (Which is backordered till Jan!)

(She is quitting her good job & going back to school (2-1/2 years) to become a teacher so dinero will be sparse)

Your comment on the slightly less comphy feel gives me pause.

Please post after a ride and report on how the feel then.

BTW - excellent on the classy stiching choice!
Thanks Mikey.
wink.gif
Oh, and I didn't say the seat was less comfy... yet. I said it has less padding. The little bit of time I spent on the saddle in the driveway yesterday wasn't enough to become uncomfortable.
wink.gif
I'll definitely update you after I get a ride in. Oh, and thanks for the comments on the stitching. I think that was a good choice.
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Bullet your kinda bug right? Does it fit alright or is in the middle of your butt? It looks awesome, gotta get some.
Hehehehehehe... Big, bug, whatever you want to call it. Yes, I'm a fat ass.
biggrin.gif
To answer your question, the raised portion on the back of the seat is great. It hits just right on me. It'd be hard to custom shape it to my rump and get it to fit any better.

Tobin has three different cuts. One for small riders, one for average, and one for fat asses like me. Just be sure to tell him which one you want. He asked me which I wanted when I ordered by phone. Mine is the fat ass cut.
wink.gif

Looks great BT!  They look very comfy...and I love the stitching...
Glad you got the seats on...now, on to the custom paint job!  I can't wait to see it!  
biggrin.gif
Thanks Michelle.
biggrin.gif
Paint is coming. Just waiting on a couple things I had to order. When they get here, I'll get started. Shoud be here any day now.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

I think the Tobin tours much better than the stock seat. I've done 500 mile days with no butt burn at all. The stock seat had me hurting pretty bad at 500 miles. I'm a bigger guy at 250 lbs. so the stock saddle might work well for lighter guys, but the Tobin is a heck of a lot more comfortable for me.

I think the Tobin tours much better than the stock seat.  I've done 500 mile days with no butt burn at all.  The stock seat had me hurting pretty bad at 500 miles.  I'm a bigger guy at 250 lbs. so the stock saddle might work well for lighter guys, but the Tobin is a heck of a lot more comfortable for me.
Hey Ben, did the outside edges of the stock seat dig into/put pressure on your thighs? It's like the top of the seat was a bit too wide for me. That's the only complaint I had with the stock piece. The Tobin piece doesn't do this to me. Feels much better. Hope I like it on longer rides as much as you do.
wink.gif

BulletTrain Posted on Dec. 16 2003,2:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (busaben @ Dec. 16 2003,2:32)
I think the Tobin tours much better than the stock seat.  I've done 500 mile days with no butt burn at all.  The stock seat had me hurting pretty bad at 500 miles.  I'm a bigger guy at 250 lbs. so the stock saddle might work well for lighter guys, but the Tobin is a heck of a lot more comfortable for me.

Hey Ben, did the outside edges of the stock seat dig into/put pressure on your thighs? It's like the top of the seat was a bit too wide for me. That's the only complaint I had with the stock piece. The Tobin piece doesn't do this to me. Feels much better. Hope I like it on longer rides as much as you do.  [/QUOTE]

I think you're right about the edges.  I did a couple of 700 mile days on the stocker one weekend and it took another week for me to recover.

BulletTrain Posted on Dec. 16 2003,2:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (busaben @ Dec. 16 2003,2:32)

Hey Ben, did the outside edges of the stock seat dig into/put pressure on your thighs? It's like the top of the seat was a bit too wide for me. That's the only complaint I had with the stock piece. The Tobin piece doesn't do this to me. Feels much better. Hope I like it on longer rides as much as you do.  

I think you're right about the edges.  I did a couple of 700 mile days on the stocker one weekend and it took another week for me to recover.[/QUOTE]
The stock seat didn't really cause me pain, it just wasn't as comfortable as I'd like. Didn't fit, I guess you'd say. The Tobin fits nicely and will be perfect as long as the reduced padding doesn't cause me trouble on longer rides.
biggrin.gif

Back