New Tobin Seat Arrives!!!

The Seat is awsome Lorie... i am going to have to think about Corbin or Tobin seat... i like the fact that you got your name on it, Very nice touch.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Big_E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078991944 -->

Bike looks great. All you need now is matching purplish colored riding gear, or at least accessories, like boots and gloves.

Does anyone know if Tobin can add some gel material to his seats that way ya can get the best of both worlds? Lori how did you decide which size cut in the seat to get? That was my other fear. Seat cut too small and my bigg arse not fit ......:blush:

I have an extra set of seats. I was tempted to get two samples from the Nasa made mattress. and send it to tobin to hook up some ultra comfy. seats. If you call thar spaceage mattress place they send you out a sample. could be enough to cut and place in seat.
cool.gif

Dexter couldn't look better! I swear, everything you do to your Busa is perfection!

I love the Tobin seat, but I'm so comfy on mine and worry about that cushion on the back, wondering if it pushes you in to the tank too much? I don't even come close to the hump, but I'm worried that the Tobin will make me feel like I can't sit like I normally do...please give everyone your impression of how the ride feels after a few twisties...

BTW...glad Thinker shared that story...has to make you proud Lo!!!
biggrin.gif
Thanks Michelle!!!! The more I do to Dex the more everyone says I need to show it!! I just like to ride waaaaay to much to be concerned about showing my bike!! That's why I show it here to you guys!!!!

As far as the comfort... It is more stiff than a corbin but to me it feels better than the stock. I am thinking that after my "bum" has a chance to wear it in a little it will loosen up a bit and form to the "boot-teee". Not sure yet!!?? I haven't slid off it yet in the twisties so I don't know how that's going to be... I'm thinking it's gonna be cool, I just want to make sure my cheek can still hang on for dear life when dippin' and diving.....

MIchelle, on the stock seat, when I would hit it hard, my butt would always slide back to the hump and I hated it!!! With the corbin, that didn't happen. With this seat it doesn't happen either, and the raised portion in the back does not push you up against the tank.

Ice..... Tobin asked me my waist size when he fit the seat, so I'm sure he designs it to fit you. I didn't even think to ask him could he use gel or a different type of foam/stuffing in the seat and I imagine that would make it softer.... It just looks so damn good I had to have it!!

Jim, Laguna it's going to be on!!! Lots of riding prior to the races!

Thanks everyone for your compliments!! I am going to post again Tobin's info for those of you interested, it's in the merchandise section of the board and I don't quite know how to post a link to it here... Maybe someone can help me out!!

LoBusa

p.s. Super851, got your PM and I will call you today with the info and maybe see you tonite in San Jose!!!

LoBusa,

Look'in good!
biggrin.gif

Everytime I am on the Forum my girlfriend roles her eyes and then asks "show me some more pics of that Purple bike!"
wink.gif
I might be able to talk her into getting a bike now after she saw what you did with yours.
laugh.gif

Also, how does one go about getting a custom Tobin seat like yourself?

I think the cut seat might help me at the strip a little by keeping my weight lower and farther forward(not sliding back)!

Josh
blues.gif

Thanks SLEEPERBUSA!

Have you raced your NEW bike yet?

I saw the Dyno numbers you posted, just curious about the other stuff. 1/4-mile, 1-mile, Top Speed, E/T, MPH, etc.?

I know you might want to keep that Top Secret because of the street scene, was just curious!?!?!

Josh
blues.gif

Ya'll are welcome for the link.
wink.gif

No Josh, I don't have the bike yet. I live 4 hours from Johnny and have been workimg so much that I haven't been able to get there. I'm supposed to meet him in Houston nest Saturday. THEN I have to bring it to a Buddy there to do a little rework on something.
I prolly won't do much drag racing with it tho. Mostly for powerful riding and top end. Rollon type stuff.
When I get it done, I'm gonna concentrate on the long bike. THAT should be fun!

Back