got an 04 yesterday

bone

Registered
bought a used 04 with 66miles on it. looks like it came right off the showroom floor, but with out the showroom cost.

you guys are right about the power of the busa. i took a short ride on it, than hopped on the ole V65 and took it for a spin. there is a huge difference between the two. the V65 is still fast, but it cant compare to the busa. i cant believe i waited this long to buy one.

no wheelies yet, heck i've only ran it up to 5000rpms and its still really fast. what a bike.

bone

ol, its a blue and silver paint scheme. nice.

Congrats!!
cool.gif
race.gif

Welcome to the board and to the soon to be utilized education that you can get here.

From one "Newbie" to another................................enjoy your "adrenaline on wheels!!!!!!!"

AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

Cool!!! enjoy your new bike
i remember when my father bought his v65 new when it came out
i loved going for rides on the back and him bringing me to school in 1st and 2nd grade.
He sold it in like 86 or 87 he didnt wanna influence me into getting a bike, but i guess it didnt go his way

Welcome to the board! It won't be long before you really see how fast the Busa is. Make sure you have plenty of road and see how fast the Busa can chew it up at 10000+RPM. Always wear protective gear from head to toe anytime your riding slow or fast. Be safe and have fun.

wait till the tach reaches 6k and takes off like a raped ape.... you'll be wishing you had a 5 point harness.
laugh.gif

wait till the tach reaches 6k and takes off like a raped ape.... you'll be wishing you had a 5 point harness.
laugh.gif
I've only hit 80 miles on mine.......it's awful powerful keeping it at 5k and lower during breakin.................can't imagine what it will be like to wind it up into the higher numbers!!!! yowza.
AAAssjani.gif

Way to go Bone.......glad yer finally aboard.....glad you like the power.

See we weren't just blowin smoke now were we.
Wait till ya wack it open from about 5k and on in first gear........make sure yer ready to see nothing but tank!!!!

I was stopped at a convenience store tonight and was getting back on the bike and a guy sitting in a '83 Buick decides to strike up some conversation. He asked, "So, how fast will that thing really go?" I replied, "190!" Not wanting to talk about the '99s or bikes with TREs going over 200. He looked at me and said, "Oh my God that's fast!" I replied, "Yes it is!" Then he asked, "Have you hit 190?". I said "No, just 160!" He looked at his wife (who was driving BTW) and they both just shook their heads! I love having those conversations!

Welcome to the board Bone... Life as you know it doesnt excist anymore.. things will be.... just a little differant for you now..

Yeah, I have hit 160 a few times on mine.. that is as fast as I have taken it. I could tell I had a lot more power left. Sure makes a difference though when I look at my camaro speedo that reads 110 max. and I feel like a slug trying to accelerate in my camaro now.. just doesn't feel the same..

And hitting 150 isnt no big deal anymore.. when you are doing 65 and naill it you seem to hit 150 in about 4 seconds (at least that is how it feels, never timed it).

And when people ask you have fast you have gone, you just very timidly say "well, I have only gone 160 (for this reason or that)" you always seem to want to make excuses for why you haven’t taken it to 190, or 224 if you have the TRE.

And while you are thinking of excuse for why you have not taken it to its full potential and feeling embarrassed about not doing so, the other person you are telling this too is freaking out because very few people have ever been over 120mph, most cant comprehend 150 or higher.

What I can say is for me it is nothing like you see in the movies. I was watching 2 fast 2 furious the other day with my sons, and they are in their cute little cars and it shows them doing a whopping 110 MPH!!! Whoa hold me back, and they show things outside the window all blurry and crap.. I am thinking.. what a bunch of crock, I have been doing 155 and saw a fricken rabbit on the road in front of me and maneuvered around it. $hit isn’t blurry, and at least 160 (the max I have gone) while pretty cool, isn’t what I thought it would be gauging it to all the movie hype I have seen over the years.

The bright side is I don’t speed much in cars anymore.. I used to speed all the time.. I was always doing at least 10 mph over the posted limit and usually more. Now after having the busa for the last 6 months.. when I am in my camaro, it is like.. "ohh well.. why bother… I will just sit here and cruise at 65" just… isn’t the same anymore….

Ahhh but when me and the Busa hook up…. Ooooh la la…

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082260807 -->

banner_Ron.jpg

You know I don't speed in the cage much anymore either! I might do 75, but won't do 80 in a 70 mph zone. I have friends that will just fly in a cage and think its impressive. Not puttin' it down, but it just doesn't compare! 0-60 in 2.9s, 75 mph in 1st gear! Let's go, baby!

Back