spinning your tire

bone

Registered
took the busa out for a ride today after its been sitting awhile. hit a small back road stop sign, took off easy then dumped it at 3000rpms and spun the tire right off the bat. feathered it till i felt some speed then hit second and it was still spinning. didnt have to feather it to much but the rear was moving around till i hit third and let off. pretty cool. i'm guess the the road wasnt very traction friendly. not to shabby to spin the tire to 90+mph. nice ride. be safe guys.

bone

So, in the market for a new rear tire, huh?
biggrin.gif

I have experienced wheel spin in 1st gear only 2 times. I left off (clutched) in fear of possiblely dumping the bike. It did feel really cool though, the bike seems to buck and shift in the back

Just make sure you don't loop it when you get the traction back
wow.gif

They spin more as they get worn down...I just can't get the nerve up to do a burnout before I get this one replaced. Just afraid it will go terribly wrong.
biggrin.gif

I finally got my bike out this year and go to go for a ride. Damn I missed those third gear burnouts! I was like a little kid in a candy store. I went by a guys shop near my house and layed a strip up the road. We were at the bar last weekend and He said there was noway I start doing a burnout in third at 45, so I had to show him today.

36_2_35.gif

I have ran into major rear spin comming out of a corner to hot or on cold tires only both I thought damm here we go and was doing everything possible to keep from going over.

Sounds fun, but only if you maintain control. Those slick roads can be tough on a cold tire. Especially one that has sat for a while.

Was just wondering how easy it is to do a wheelie on one of these. I hope to be riding one by the ned of next week.

Mine has spun out a couple of times, when the tire hasn't warmed up and it's scarrrryy. That's only in first gear going 30 MPH though...

I would hate to see what would happen at 90mph

Just make sure you don't loop it when you get the traction back
wow.gif

They spin more as they get worn down...I just can't get the nerve up to do a burnout before I get this one replaced.  Just afraid it will go terribly wrong.
biggrin.gif
Same here, maybe I ante up before this friday & have my first "smoke out session" with my baby
wink.gif

Leaving the same event that led to Kellen Winslows demise, I left the first red light pretty hard, 4500 rpm snapped the throttle and just as the front tire left the ground, the rear spun which settle the front back to the ground then grabbed and really lifted the front............All in all, wasn't what I was expecting.............and a bit scary too...:(

Back