bike slipped out of 2nd into neutral

1meanZ

Registered
I was passing a car off a stoplight and shifted into 2nd as I passed the car. I felt the tire start to spin as the bike was power sliding a bit. I noticed the tach get up to around 9000. I rolled off then eased back on to regain traction. All the bike did was make noise. I looked down and saw the neutral light on. I'm positive I was in 2nd because I didn't mash the throttle until I hit 2nd. Just wondering if I should be alarmed. I can't remember this ever happening to me on a bike before. The bike felt fine the rest of the ride home.

hmm...2004 thats strange. i got about 7k on my 02 and never had that happen. maybe somehow you hit the shifter? just a thought.

happens sometimes gotta toss that bi!$h into second hard or she'll slip into N fast and then clakety clack on the clutch bring those rpms down before hittin gears

You must have tapped it, shifted soft or something. I would not think that there is anything mechanically wrong.

New Busa's commonly have gear shift issues untill about your 2cnd oil change or around 2k miles. It's totaly normal.

Yep, my '03 jumped out of 2nd once and I've had a couple false neutrals between 5th and 6th. I started shiftin' more firmly and the problems went away.
wink.gif

Yup, My money says soft shoed it. I've done it a couple times and it's a painful learning experiance when under full throttle... yeah the jewels were telling me all about it...
smile.gif
I have also noticed that it's more likely to happen if the tranny is still cool though the motor is warm... Just shift it like you mean it...
biggrin.gif

Back