V65 comparison

I just sold my 86 V65 after having it for almost 13 years. In terms of power the Hayabusa is much faster all the way around. On just 6th gear 75 mph roll on's my new Hayabusa is so much faster than the V65 it shocked me the first time I cranked the Busa up past 120 mph. The Hayabusa also seems to have as much or more low end power than my V65, so just getting going is just as easy on the Busa to. The V65 will still get the job done and is a great bike to ride but I wouldn't want to expect it to do things like keep up with todays big sport bikes. I wish I could have kept my V65 but I couldn't afford it and a Hayabusa also.

I just sold my 86 V65 after riding it for 13 years. I bought a new Hayabusa and had never riden a sport bike of any kind before. The Hayabusa is much faster than the V65 from idle on up a far as you want to go. It took me five minutes to get comfortable with the Hayabusa and then rode it 250 miles back to my house with my wife following in our car. I did a few 70 mph to 100 mph 6th gear roll on's while passing cars on I-8 and I-10 and the Hayabusa was just so much faster than the V65 it was a shocker. I never even cranked the throttle more that half way and it was just falt faster. The V65 is a great bike and was very comfortable to ride. It is also very fast and easy to ride. It all comes down to how fast you let the bike go and the Hayabusa will go so fast it doesn't seem real, but it can also go slow, so it won't just jump out from under you like some people tried to tell me before I bought one. The two cycles are different styles but the old V65 can still get up and run and I wish that I could have afforded to keep mine.

State farm for sure is the best rates I found for insurance. I had to move my car there too but it was worth it. 12,300 seems pretty high for price though.

If the cost of a new one seems too high, why not get one that is a 2 or 3 years old and save a bundle. You might find a really clean '01 for about $7500. As for the insurance problem, State Farm has given me the best deal.

Turbo Torch, I would deeply suggest that you get more than 6 days riding on the Busa before you decide that it can t keep up with a V65, sounds like your shifting too early

I read my post over and I don't see where I ever stated the Busa couldn't keep up with a V-65.  I'm still breaking in the Busa and I have no doubt I could SMEAR the V-65 without me even going past 5K rpm.

The point I'm trying to get across is that the guy will have no problem going from a V-65 to a Busa.  I can't think of any *current* boulevard cruiser (with the exception of the V-Max) that the V-65 couldn't waste.  Blows holes in the theory that newer is always faster and better.

Try it for awhile before you give up on it....

Oh come on!  Give up on it?!?  You're reading too much into my posts
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]
Sounds better.  we get to be a little touchy when the facts don't match.  
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 Point is you will ahve a blast.....[/QUOTE]
Once you've had a 'Busa, you'll never go back to a cruisah!

biggrin.gif

i never rode a v65 but i did ride a v-max and you will not here any complaints from me there mean as shi# they wont touch my busa but there very impressive im told the v65 is similiar there hot rods compared to formula-1
smile.gif

i test rode a VMAX before i bought the V65 and the vmax felt stronger and faster. the riding position wasnt near like the V65.

i'm gonna try and get a better price than 12300 OTD for a busa, if not they can keep it.

has anybody rode a kawi eliminator 900. i hear that u launch a busa at 4 grand. heck, the kawi would blow the busa away at the lights. i launched at 8500rpms and think that more would work. what a rush. second gear came really quick. it just didnt have the xxxxx to pull top end.

thanks for all the replys guys. it really helps. great site.

bone

The main difference between acceleration on the V65 and the 'Busa is the top end. If you've seen vidoes of a Hayabusa under full acceleration you notice that it really starts to shine after 120mph, when most bikes have already started bogging down.

I mean, hell, my 600 will run a 10.75 but comparing it to a Hayabusa is just rediculous.

Wow, I thought prices were high in Arizona on cycles. An 04 Hayabusa out the door shouldn't be much over $11,400.00 with a little haggling around here and that figure is about what I could have bought one for a few months ago although I was looking for an 03 Anniversary model.

As for the V65 vs the Hayabusa, the V65 is not a good top end cycle. I don't think any of the cruiser style bikes are so the comparison is kind of moot. My V65 at 130 mph was a little scary and the Hayabusa is not. Sure the V65 gets up to at least 100 mph with little effort and will cruise at those speeds all day long, but the Hayabusa just does it much faster and much better. The V65 was a great cycle in it's day and is still a great cycle but it is not a sport bike.

i'm gonna try and get a better price than 12300 OTD for a busa,  if not they can keep it.  

has anybody rode a kawi eliminator 900.  i hear that u launch a busa at 4 grand.  heck, the kawi would blow the busa away at the lights.
bone,

Sounds like you went to K's Motorsports!

Keep looking around, there are much better deals out there. If you aren't getting a 04 Busa OTD for around $10,000 you aren't shopping right!

Keeping looking and you'll find what you want.

As far as the Kawi 900!?!?

No way in HELL! If you know how to ride, NO and I say NO stock bike will touch the Busa off the line! It has a lower cg and more torque than any sportbike. Just don't wheelie and don't spin the tire and you will be long gone before you even shift into SECOND GEAR!
super.gif

Ditch the V65, nothing on it comes even close to the Busa.

Josh
blues.gif

Back